Let's discuss a 3DS game.

#1Aile_WingPosted 12/29/2010 7:08:10 PM
Why? Because I'm bored, and I'm eagerly anticipating Conduit 2. So, here are my ideas.

-Singleplayer
None. "None?!" Yes, none. My idea is to focus solely on multiplayer. Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike The Conduit's campaign, or the campaign of any FPS for that matter, but when there's a singleplayer and multiplayer mode what do players focus on more? I think it's obviously multiplayer, even more so when the multiplayer is online. If the multiplayer is polished and fun enough and is released early into the 3DS's life then the game might just be the best 3DS FPS of all time. That's my idea. Would it work? I don't know. I'd like to think so, but I can't see into the future.

-Multiplayer
What can I say about this? Any problems from Conduit 2 would need to be fixed, providing there are any.

Diverse maps would be important in my opinion.

There would need to be many game modes. I'd love for it to have at least eight players in one match. I think that would be a good amount.

Two and four teams games (red, blue, green, and yellow teams) would be a nice addition if it is balanced well.

What about unlocking stuff? With no singleplayer how can a player unlock anything? I think challenges would be a good way to unlock perks. By completing several challenges that relate to a perk the player unlocks that perk.

As for everything else, here's my idea: the branch system. How it works is at level five the player chooses one of several things to unlock. He doesn't know what he'll get, but there are items that are level 5 unlockables, level 15 unlockables, and level 25 unlockables. So level five unlockables might be somthing such as paint (to color your character) or a HUD element (customizable HUD's would be neat). When he reaches level fifteen he can once again choose one of several items which would be something such as armor pieces or... that's all I can think of at the momement. Level twenty-five unloackables would be weapons and models (skins). Now here's the catch: The level 5 unlockable that is chosen determines to some extent what level 15 unlockables that can be chosen, which somewhat determines the level 25 unlockables. Basically the player chooses a path of unlockables to take. So then, what happens when a player reaches level twenty-five? Can he not unlock anything else? At level twenty-five the player can prestige (here come the "ZOMG ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY ELEMENT" comments), which of course resets his level to one. By doing so he keeps whatever it is he's unlocked previously (including perks, and challenges do not reset) and can choose a different path this time around. Another thing I should note it that the player doesn't know what he'll unlock. It's hidden from him. However, when he unlocks something the unlockables to the left and right are revealed so that he knows that they are.

That's all I have for right now. So... yeah.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2LawnGnome93Posted 12/29/2010 8:44:22 PM
Interesting idea. Your no single player point got me thinking. One thing I've always been curious about in fps games is to somewhat integrate single player and multiplayer into one. Like set a general intro that sets up a story which gives reason to why you are entering these matches, killing other players, leveling, etc. Kind of like how AC Brotherhood introduces their multiplayer as being templars in training and thats the purpose.

I'm thinking go even further than that though. Like once you reach different levels you access cut scenes, bosses, etc for you to do by yourself. Say at level 5 you fight a boss, at level 15 you fight one, etc until level 50 (max presumably) you fight the final boss and get the final cut scene.For each boss fight you have to beat it to continue being able to level in matches, and you unlock new stuff to purchase in the shop. It wouldn't have to be extremely well detailed and conceived, but I think it would give some general interest and purpose into multiplayer other than "play to unlock" and "play just to play it". Thoughts on this quick little idea that popped into my head?

If there's a game out there that does this do tell; I'd like to look at it just to see what they did.
---
PSN: LawnGnome93, Playing: Civ V, BlazBlue CS, SSF4, CoD BO, AC Brotherhood
-Flame
#3Simok123Posted 12/29/2010 10:15:08 PM
nice idea, maybe it could be on wiiware as well, just not 3D of course
---
CONDUIT MASTA! AND GOLDENEYE PLAYA!
#4X_D_D_XPosted 12/29/2010 10:58:43 PM
So it would be like Resident Evil Mercenaries? I don't think it would be a great idea but lets see how Mercenaries turns out first.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars:1977-1107-7531
#5elheberPosted 12/31/2010 12:12:05 AM
Let's discuss controls, the touch screen, motion controls, and 3D effects.

I'd like it if it was dual-analog. Now, since the 3DS doesn't have a second analog, the bottom right corner of the touch screen could be used by the thumb as a virtual analog. You see them do these kinds of things on touch phone games. This way, you'd hold the game with two hands, not need the stylus, and have easy access to the face buttons with your thumb. There could also be other touch controls on the bottom screen, still somewhat accessible by either thumb.

Since it's a first person shooter, it would not make sense for things to pop out of the screen (because it'd mean those things went through the character's head, which would actually be cool for death animations where a knife got shoved through your helmet), but there could still be some awesome 3D effects. For example, the HUD could actually curve outward as if it's really your visor, and the visor itself could have some sort of depth targeting systems (sort of like range-finders). Also, like in Metroid Prime, depending on the angle of a light source you could faintly see your reflection on the visor, but in 3D.

Since it's more important, the visor (and, hence, the HUD) for Trust and Drudge should look different. Perhaps even customizable or dependent on the helmet you choose for your player. The ASE, since it does holograms, should beam map images straight into your head (i.e. 3D holograms that pop out of the screen at you) like the layout of the level. Similarly, it could get an upgrade where it would temporarily overlay a 3D wireframe of the world so it's like a wallhack for Michael. Wayponts would no-longer need a distance meter, since you could easily tell how far away it was with just your eyes.

Also, if you aim down the sights of your gun, only one eye actually looks down the sight of the gun, so that like in real life you can close the other eye to get precision shots. Similarly, if you use a scoped weapon where you'd close the other eye to see down the scope, you could also open the other eye to get a quick unzoomed view of your surroundings.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#6Numbuh100Posted 1/2/2011 12:55:41 PM
How can you not include single player in a game? That's not going to be a game at all.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 1/2/2011 1:22:43 PM

How can you not include single player in a game? That's not going to be a game at all.

TF2
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8Brownprouder23Posted 1/2/2011 2:57:47 PM
Let's not.
#9LilroscoPosted 1/3/2011 10:54:08 PM
I think that a multiplayer game only would hurt the developers of the game. Assuming that the individuals interested in the game do not have access for the online component which might be rare but I'm just assuming. Then again if this game is not a full retailed price game then it might just work.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#10elheberPosted 1/3/2011 11:41:20 PM
Hmm... it's an interesting topic of discussion. TF2 was not a full-priced game. And one can argue that it was only part of full game, the Orange Box which did include single-player. Plus, it required activation through Steam, meaning you had an online connection.

But on the other hand, who wouldn't like all efforts focused on a multiplayer game for once on a Nintendo platform? At least I would. Heck, to me, it's like that was sort of what Mario Kart Wii was all about and I loved it.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.