Just bought The Orange Box

#1Fluxy1223Posted 12/30/2010 4:31:04 PM
...Yay
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#2The_ShaderPosted 12/30/2010 4:40:11 PM
60 bucks for 3 ok games. good on you dude. (Not a big fan of half-life or Team Fortress)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3RyokoWinsPosted 12/30/2010 5:06:10 PM
To keep this from being off topic.

I've never played Team Fortress. Are there any things that you think Conduit 2 should borrow from that game?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#4LigersRulePosted 12/30/2010 6:49:19 PM
Well, the class based combat requires some balance between the team, and with the perks you are essentially creating classes in Conduit 2. It also requires some flexibility. If everybody on your team ONLY knows how to play medic, you're gonna be screwed, even if most of your team switches to a more combat oriented class.

So be flexible. Don't play one class and one class alone..... Other then that, I can't think of anything.
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#5elheberPosted 12/30/2010 9:29:39 PM
Are there any things that you think Conduit 2 should borrow from that game?

I love Team Fortress so I should be the one to answer this. The short answer: not necessarily. The long answer:

TF (TFC, TF2) is about class-based teamwork, hence the name. The Conduit franchise is like a different beast altogether. The fact that it isn't as accessible to talk to teammates (via voice or keyboard) is already one reason to not go far into team-based gameplay and instead just focus on fast and furious action. Moreover, a lot of features in Con2 are arguably from Team Fortress already: Shooting health, sentry guns, sniper needs charge-up, the spies and heavy weapon classes.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#6Fluxy1223(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2010 11:24:18 PM
60 bucks for 3 ok games. good on you dude. (Not a big fan of half-life or Team Fortress)

I only payed 15 dollars for it...
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name.
#7The_ShaderPosted 12/30/2010 11:32:13 PM
^ Well the Orange Box is pretty old now... so its pretty damn cheap.

(Because Team Fortress is all about class's and teamwork, the game forces the players to play depending on how your teammates are playing in order to win. So it sucks in my tastes.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#8LigersRulePosted 12/31/2010 7:53:36 AM
My brother got TF2 for $4 when it was on sale on Steam....
---
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison
#9CheslukPosted 12/31/2010 8:48:00 AM
Is the PS3 version of The Orange Box worth getting? I've heard it's glitchy.
---
I support Daos (doritos and orange soda) for C2's currency.
BO IGN: NiP|Chesluk, PSN: Chesluk
#10darkjedilinkPosted 1/3/2011 2:29:22 AM
"Well the Orange Box is pretty old now... so its pretty damn cheap."

I bought it for 20 bucks of steam at launch. It hasn't been 60 anywhere, like, ever. Maybe the dumbed-down console versions, but not on PC.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
Cerberus Task Force website: http://cerberustaskforce.webs.com