Chance of stores bundling with PDPheadset?

#1ReedeemerPosted 1/2/2011 9:47:14 PM
You think Gamestop or Nintendo would do a bundle like they did with CoD:BO? Voice chats gonna be mandatory for clan matches, and I don't feel like dropping $25 for another headset just because this ones Wii compatible, especially knowing that I have a useless WiiSpeak lying around.
---
Wii: 3243-5366-6626-7303 ::: PSN: Zetro-X
#2The_ShaderPosted 1/2/2011 9:58:11 PM
Last i checked... every bundle that came out recently kept the bundled accessories at the same price that they would release with normally, if they were sold alone. Some however would be five dollars off sometimes.

I expect there to be no savings to be made with the coming bundles, if there would be any.

And talking is great by itself. You dont need clans to have a reason to buy a headset.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3Brownprouder23Posted 1/2/2011 10:19:07 PM
I just wanna know if you can even buy a PDP headset at any store. I haven't seen it anywhere where I live. I don't mind buying it online, it's just that I would have to wait to get it.
#4Reedeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2011 10:40:42 PM
Gamestop offered the headset for $5 when buying BlackOps, now you can just buy it as a bundle online or in store. My Gamestop has the headsets in stock atm.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=89380

I was just saying clan coordination would take a hit without voice chat, and friends would be the only other reason, unless Ninten eased up on their restrictions and allow public team chat now (I'm not up to date on that info).

Since Ninten told HVS not to use wiispeak, I thought maybe a deal like this wouldn't be too unlikely imo.
---
#5The_ShaderPosted 1/3/2011 5:21:42 AM
^ Nintendo didnt say "Not to use the Wii-speak". HVS could only have one speaking device to be used for the game, and the obvious choice was the Headbanger headset for its superior quality.

Nintendo doesnt support Wiispeak at all, which is why theres very little games that use it. Along with that, theres hardly any games for the wii where online chat would be practical. Its only now that we are getting big multiplayer games that need voice chat. So far... theres only 3 games with voice chat... If only nintendo supported wiispeak and got their own servers too.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6Simok123Posted 1/3/2011 6:30:34 AM
^ no, nintendo DID tell them not to use wiispeak. they said it in an interview. if they supported wiispeak, no one could buy one if they didnt already have one, because wii speaks are no longer being made.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#7Reedeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 9:08:59 AM
Actually it hasn't been discontinued, Nintendo is ready to actively supply any retailer who requests them. But most big time retailers have dropped the product from their shelves, so yeah... Just bummed out that it couldn't have been left in the game for those of us who already have one. But like Shader said, if they could only have one product supported then yeah headbanger would've been the obvious choice.
---
#8LilroscoPosted 1/3/2011 11:11:00 PM
*sigh*
I hope what happened to the wii speak doesn't happen to the head banger. Then again, it was fun while it lasted.
To be on topic, I hope gamestop offers some deal since this is one of the only two games that supports it. I doubt nintendo will update the WSC anytime soon to be compatible with it....assuming people still use it (>.>) (<.<)
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.