Will this be even more fun than GoldenEye?

#1FelixTrapperPosted 1/7/2011 11:51:07 AM
Currently playing GoldenEye and love it. The main problems with GoldenEye are

*Rampant Host-Quits make the game unplayable sometimes
*Massive EXP grind to get any worthwhile weapons
*Limited Stages (only 10 I believe)
*Poor Lobby/Friend system

If Tcon2 improves or fixes any of these issues, it will be marvelous.
#2VermineaterPosted 1/7/2011 12:22:59 PM
Oh, being even more fun than the Wii version is easy. ^_^

The N64 has nostalgia factoring into it. And the offline mode in N64 < Wii. I'd rather have several varied weapon sets on the ground than be stuck with 2 weapons grouped together with stuff. If that was customizable, that'd be cool.
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#3FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2011 12:26:33 PM
*sigh*

well obviously I'm not talking about the N64 version so hopefully we can get back on topic.
#4VermineaterPosted 1/7/2011 12:43:00 PM

*sigh*

well obviously I'm not talking about the N64 version so hopefully we can get back on topic.

I was on topic. My first statement "Oh, being even more fun than the Wii version is easy. ^_^" says as much. And it wasn't obvious in the title which one you were talking about, and I assumed you meant the N64 one, since that's something worth competing against. Whenever I read, I was surprised to see that. So I wanted to include my thoughts on that.

Splitscreen: C2 has to be better, since it has Invasion and GEWii sucked at it.
Online: C2 should be better, since it has more players, voice chat, and more creative weapons, perks. Both are CoD-esque, though. And it could go either.
Story: GEWii may be better in terms of production value, but if you include the conspiracy stuff and the like, plus having Duke Nukem's voice, C2 will be more enjoyable, in some ways.

One typo:

And the offline mode in N64 > Wii.

FIX'D

---
#5FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2011 12:53:58 PM
Are games hosted like GEWii? Where if host quits or d/cs everyone else blows up too?

Are there levels and experience? is there a list of known perks?
#6VermineaterPosted 1/7/2011 1:25:12 PM

Are games hosted like GEWii? Where if host quits or d/cs everyone else blows up too?

Are there levels and experience? is there a list of known perks?

Yes, probably. They don't have dedicated servers or host transition, so definitely.

Yes, I believe so. And I'm not sure of known perks. I know they have "bullets heal allies".
---
#7FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2011 1:45:38 PM
So you are telling me the system is exactly like GE? Rampant host quits and having to create new games for every 1-3 that actually finish out?

Wow.

---
GoldenEye Wii - Original Member of the PKMN CLAN
CHARMANDER - 4114 5904 0189
#8VermineaterPosted 1/7/2011 1:47:10 PM

So you are telling me the system is exactly like GE? Rampant host quits and having to create new games for every 1-3 that actually finish out?

Wow.

That's a wii limitation, moreso than the fault of the creators. Also, we don't know if the hosts will quit rampantly, the game's not even out yet.
---
#9FelixTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2011 1:54:19 PM
How is it a Wii limitation? I've played other games online in parties of 4 (for example, Monster Hunter Tri) and there is no single person that can quit and cause the other 3 to quit their game too. It's impossible.

It is not a Wii limitation. It is a "not wanting to pay for servers" limitation. So the users themselves have to host, and it causes grief more often than not.

Also, just because the game isn't out doesn't mean we don't know people will rage quit. It's an FPS. People rage quit. It will happen, often. I will close my account otherwise.

---
GoldenEye Wii - Original Member of the PKMN CLAN
CHARMANDER - 4114 5904 0189
#10VermineaterPosted 1/7/2011 2:41:42 PM

How is it a Wii limitation? I've played other games online in parties of 4 (for example, Monster Hunter Tri) and there is no single person that can quit and cause the other 3 to quit their game too. It's impossible.

It is not a Wii limitation. It is a "not wanting to pay for servers" limitation. So the users themselves have to host, and it causes grief more often than not.

Capcom can afford their own servers.

Sega/HVS cannot. The money the game will make wouldn't be comparable. Also, MHTri sort of needs servers, for all it does. :D Also, the Wii cannot do everything PS3/360 can.

Also, just because the game isn't out doesn't mean we don't know people will rage quit. It's an FPS. People rage quit. It will happen, often. I will close my account otherwise.

But the audience that plays C2 won't be the same that plays Goldeneye. It may not be as bad, or it may be worse. And if you get a host that doesn't quit, you could have quite a few matches like that.

Actually, I don't remember how it happened in C1. I don't think I remember a host quitting. Maybe they handle it differently. :O
---