Will this be even more fun than GoldenEye?

#21VermineaterPosted 1/12/2011 4:38:18 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/947068-the-conduit/50128823

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they had instant host migration or some nonsense in The Conduit. I dunno how it worked. All I know is I never got a HOST QUIT, LEAVING MATCH. Hmmmm....

We'll find out. If it would irritate you to no end, then wait a week after release, then ask again. Or you'll see topics complaining about it.
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#22stufa1978Posted 1/12/2011 5:55:42 AM
I think I'll enjoy this more than Wii's GoldenEye.

Originally I was geared up for online vs and invasion modes. Alas that's gone now. Still the Sci Fi imagination appeals to me more than just human levels. Plus even in Conduit 1 I found it worked best with team based strategy, even in FFA.

Hopefully if this will be little more than a tidied up TCon 1 with offline split screen. I think it'll be gooder than GoldenEye (Wii).
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#23UnfoundedVirusPosted 1/12/2011 1:05:20 PM
The first one definitely had lobbies, meaning this one probably will too. I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
Goldeneye FC: 230430667242 Name: U-Virus
#24Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/12/2011 3:46:09 PM
The first game never had host issues (for me at least) as other people have said. On topic, I haven't played GEWii, since I figured it would wreck the nostalgia, plus I'm pretty sure this game will be better anyway if the online works out (and patching could help with this too).
#25Phasmatis92Posted 1/13/2011 7:26:53 PM
Online will probably be better as GE has serious issues there, but I doubt C2's campaign can top Goldeneye's.

The level of choice given to the player in how they proceeded through levels, the highly destructible and atmospheric environments, the cinematic flair and events, the sheer professionalism put into it, all these things C2 will be very hard pressed to match. Controls, graphics, and weapon/enemy variety seem to be its only advantages in this area so far.

Don't get me wrong, I expect Con2's campaign to be solid and fun, but I can't see it beating GE's unless HVS really pull out all the stops and go beyond everything we've seen so far.
#26Sudsy86_Posted 1/13/2011 7:38:23 PM
Yes. Even if every game had hacking, lag shooting, and glitching, it would still probbaly be more fun than GEwii.
Gewii is terrible.
#27Mike_VanderzandPosted 1/14/2011 8:56:54 AM

That's a wii limitation,

How so? Halo 2 on original Xbox had host migration, why can't Wii games?
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Honorary 5th member of MLG Team: Carbon