Marvel vs. Capcom 3 comes out on the same day as this.

#1MC_Brian1Posted 1/8/2011 2:20:26 PM
Sorry, HVS, but you just lost a customer.
---
I'll respond to this topic the same way I like my women.
Lot of D's.
- Goombacrusher07 in a C/D topic
#2VermineaterPosted 1/9/2011 6:57:16 AM

Sorry, HVS, but you just lost a customer.

That's a really crappy reason. I've pre-ordered C2 in full months ago. I could also buy MvC3 the same day, and not lose money.

You need to plan ahead for these game decisions. Some people may have bought 2 games on the same day, depending on their tastes. (Rock Band 3 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#3The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 7:16:21 AM
Marvel vs. Capcom and a bunch of variations of the Vs. series all use this "quick-time-input" thing or whatever its called that forces players to VERY rapidly press buttons in a certian manner to perfom the powerful moves necessary to be a good player. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom however put a 'simple' control scheme into the Wiimote+Nunchuk controls, ridding of the 'rapid-input' commands. So anyone owning an arcade stick for their home console would have a HUGE advantage over others for the amount of buttons it has, and the arcade stick which allows for better controls.

Despite my love for the characters featured in those games, the bull **** commands the game asks players to do is beyond belief. The games forces players to do one of two things eventually, one is to just press every god damn button you have and hope for the best, or two... play the games for a few years, training on how to do the different control stick movements and figuring out which character you are actually good with. (seriously, one of the commands is '< hold >' for the joystick.... tried for weeks on how the **** to do this, couldnt figure it out.)

The Vs. series is just waaaaay too damn complicated in its controls for me. Main reason why i love Smash bros so much... its all about knowing the characters, their ranges, and moves. And smash bros can be played with so man different control options, without any gaining any advantages.

TL;DR, MvC is ****ing hard to learn to play, Conduit 2 is another shooter. I like shooters, and easy to play fighters.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#4VermineaterPosted 1/9/2011 7:19:28 AM
Smash Bros. is a "party" fighter. >_>;
And Brawl is a bad game. e_e *trips*

The appeal of fighters is the years it takes to master it. If you don't want to get involved, don't! :D

---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#5The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 7:59:53 AM
^ Ok, first thing, been playing Melee for about 10 years now. Despite me learning how to play within the first hour of turning the game on, playing it for years on end and becoming a better player through experience just shows the depth the game has to offer. (And i'm not talking about that stupid wavedashing ****, just the stuff i said before in my other post.)

A game with difficult controls = not for everyone
Even if you do get a handle for the controls, if your not using an Arcade stick, your gonna get your ass ****ed up by people who do. (Turbo button anyone? or how about the fact that you can use one whole hand to press 6 different buttons while using an arcade stick, while a normal controller has your thumb covering 4 buttons.)

Smash bros? a party fighter? If its a fighting game, thats competitive, then theres no difference between it and others.

TL;DR, the Vs. series is very demanding, and has no mercy for those not willing to buy the $60 controller necessary to become a better player. (Main reason why i traded in my Tatsunoku vs Capcom is because i noticed that the 'simple' controls dont allow you to have the long, badass combo's necessary to kick ass. Where as the normal CCPro controller doesnt come close to how nice an Arcade stick is.)
Fighters that are easy to learn, difficult to master > Fighters that are hard to learn, difficult to master
---
#6ddd87Posted 1/9/2011 8:12:12 AM
Is not like this game will disappear from stores after february...
#7VermineaterPosted 1/9/2011 8:18:06 AM
I only call it a party fighter so that fighter fans don't go like "No it's not a fighting game! RAEG!" I wasn't badmouthing it, just saying it's a different type of fighter. Maybe even better, in some/many ways. (Other than SC2, I never got into fighting games too much.)

Also, easy to use, difficult to master is awesome. I loved Roy and G&W in Melee. Apparently, Roy is "worse" than Marth, my bro's main, but I could still beat him.

I hope the next smash is more akin to Melee, in terms of gameplay. I like some of what Brawl added, but many things annoyed me.
---
VE - Sirkukuking is the greatest poser alive - Nightmaker80
Now Playing: Magic the Gathering
#8The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 9:21:42 AM
^ At first i thought you were bad mouthing it, now i have the utmost respect for you.

in my 10 years of playing melee, i built up my favorite character into being one of my best characters. Roy. Now, theres no way i can connect combo's like some people can (on youtube) but i've developed my playstyle enough to do good with Roy whenever. And when i got brawl... it was too easy very quickly. When i first started playing melee, there were characters that i could do good with, and characters i WANTED to do good with. (Mewtwo, Roy, Captian Falcon.) As the years went by, i became very good with them, and yet terrible with others. (DK, never played him much anyways.)

Brawl came out... Lucario became a god in my hands (like many other hands.) And Pit was my go to character. Ike... he was the Roy that should have been, but the more i played Ike, the more i realised that he couldnt be more different.

Its only have 10 years of playing a fighter can you tell the difference between Roy and Ike. Just goes to show you how much depth Smash Bros has.
Now if the Vs. Series has a control scheme that dropped the 'quick-command-post" stuff, then the Vs series would not only be funner, but ALOT more difficult. (Theres a Light, Medium, and Hard attack for each character, Holding one of those three buttons would cause Zero to charge his Z-Buster, but you'd loose one of the 3 moves necessary to do a combo... that is, if your using the simple control setup.)

TL;DR, Smash Bros is a marvel of fighting games all around, Conduit 2 is a marvel of a Shooter (cuz the weapons) and MvC3 is a very long awaited game.... its very understandable to drop Conduit 2 all together just to get MvC3... but yeah, proper money management would allow for both games.
---
#9VermineaterPosted 1/9/2011 10:25:05 AM
Fun is subjective.

Melee is an accessible, yet deep fighting game. This doesn't make it better than "real" fighters, just different. And I love it. :D

I do like the ideas that fighting games have, but I can't do it. =/ I'm lazy.
---
VE - Sirkukuking is the greatest poser alive - Nightmaker80
Now Playing: Magic the Gathering
#10The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 11:33:17 AM
^ Well in no way is Smash Bros more than any other fighter out there. Although i would say that the concept of how you play is well done example of "thinking outside the box". Its a fighter just like any other, just a tad different.

Whether something is fun or not depends on the persons taste. I have a hard time having fun with JRPG's because of the amount of 'japanese'-like plots, and characters. Some love it, i love Mass Effect and JRPG that arent 3D and meant for the world and not one specific country. (The difference between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 13.)

Thinking outside the box does wonders to a games popularity. Resident Evil 4 is one hell of an example (with obvious reason), and i believe a shooter is the one thats the hardest to make unique too. Bulletstorm is adding a point system into its multiplayer that proved quite awesome in other games (Smash Bros melee had a very awesome point system. I love dead-weight KO's.) This could have Bulletstorm take the online community by storm if the online modes are diverse enough. (i honestly dont know anything else about the game.)

Conduit 2... I've looked high and low throughout all the information released and dont see anything truly incredible about it. Besides the weapons. Turok was so awesome to me because of the weapons, as well as other shooters of that age.

... so much to say... MvC has a working, but old control system going for it... boring, but the newly adding characters keep it fun. Conduit 2 is offering me a break from the norm of shooters out there though, so my moneys going to Conduit 2..... Then again.... i want dat 3DS @_@
---