I think it's gonna get delayed...

#1ocarinaoftasiPosted 1/9/2011 3:29:48 AM
Last time we checked the game wasn't very far past development...
---
Hey, my name is Tasi. You may address me as such if you wish. =]
Goldeneye 007: 4283 9757 4557 Barack Obama (OSS) Founder, ex-leader
#2RyokoWinsPosted 1/9/2011 3:48:49 AM
I don't know if they're going to delay it, but I do get the feeling that they're rushing to finish on time. I can't exactly place what is giving me that impression, though. Maybe it's the fact that there's been little information or footage released. Maybe it's the lacking graphics in the splitscreen invasion mode. Maybe it's the fact that Tony is now too busy to waste his time on GameFAQs (At least...that's what is implied by his absence. Either that or he just got sick of us). Maybe it's just the fact that I've seen so much footage of the game when it was unfinished (pre-alpha or whatever they called it). I'm not sure.

Somebody tell me I'm not just crazy.

Off topic: You'd think that the spell check on a gaming website would have words like "online," "multiplayer," "splitscreen," or...I dunno...the name of the website maybe.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#3VermineaterPosted 1/9/2011 6:54:16 AM
Tasi, this game probably isn't gonna get delayed. They're just witholding info from us.

Also, right now is crunch time for any game (fixing up minor bugs and such). There'll be more info in a few weeks, once the game is finished and they're producing physical copies and such. Or there'll be news of a delay. I'm okay either way. ^_^
---
VE - RIer, WM Cashier, Video Game Enthusiast
Now Playing: Things...
#4The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 7:50:37 AM
Thats odd.. i thought i already posted in this topic... well whatever. here it is 'again' despite it apparently never happened before.

The game got delayed ALREADY. HVS managed to get some more time out of SEGA (who decides the time developers are given till the game must come out) And now HVS has been polishing up the game for whatever they think needs polishing.

They wouldnt delay a game, then a month or two later, delay it .... AGAIN. If three extra months wasnt enough, HVS would have said so in the first place, and the game would have been moved to march or april, if SEGA would have allowed for such an extended delay to happen.

Alot can happen during these extra times a developer is given. My suspicions are around the multiplayer experience since the game got an economy in the online, they are tweaking it to be more unique to big title games that recently got economic in their onlines too. (Most notable, Halo and CoD.) So with this extra time, HVS is probably even adding some content that couldnt have put there in the first place.

So long storys short. Delay, already happened, not gonna be another one after just 2 months went by. Delays are good, they allow a Developer to make a game even better. If by some chance HVS is allowed another delay, i would be very VERY happy, because then i'd know Conduit 2 is gonna be even better.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5ddd87Posted 1/9/2011 8:07:29 AM
Hopefully, HVS should be doing the finishing touches by this time. I wish they released confirmation on several things so it would be clear that they have everything done.

Having seen in depth only 2 levels from the 15 makes me a little worried, but it could be just so they don't spoil too many things.
#6The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 10:07:39 AM
"I wish they released confirmation on several things so it would be clear that they have everything done."

.... How about the day the game is out? isnt that "confirmation".
---
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/9/2011 10:25:40 AM
I'm not going to say a lot of delays are unheard of *cough* SSBB *cough*, but I think that they probably wouldn't only delay it to February if they were just going to delay it again. But I agree that it sounds like they're rushing a little... I guess we'll see when the reviews start coming in.
#8The_ShaderPosted 1/9/2011 10:46:39 AM
I dont see any rushing though... From an outsiders perspective, HVS got the deadline and once they did all they could do FOR that deadline, they slacked off a bit. Then once they got that delay, a bunch of workers jumped back to work to do the stuff that they couldnt do before. Since the delay is a short one, they dont exactly have the time to make videos an such for commercial purposes.

If i ran a development company... i wouldnt waste my employee power on such things. If i HAD to however make a video for the producers, i'd merely send a few copies of some recorded data (videos, gameplay an such) to an outside company that can handle it for me.

HVS just took an Intro video RIGHT out of the game and sent it to the world. Quick, easy, cheap, and effective way to show-tell the game.

HVS is busy, rushing? i dont think so. But indeed busy. This game is after all their baby. (Quantam 3 is too, but they need a game to showcase the engine too.)
---
#9Simok123Posted 1/9/2011 11:06:54 AM
on the portal, Tony said hes done working on conduit 2. He said hes working on something else now. So that means its probably done by now. plus, he said they could get invasion online, but they would have to delay it again. That would be the only reason for them to delay it again.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#10LilroscoPosted 1/9/2011 2:43:59 PM
Still disappointed that invasion isn't online anymore -_- but I don't think that C2 will delayed again since they delayed it to polish the game more. ARRGH! I can't wait!
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.