Framerate will make or break this game

#1Phasmatis92Posted 1/13/2011 8:10:07 PM
Good as they are, most of the Wii's best FPS games (COD W@W / MW / BO, Goldeneye 007) have framerate problems, which negatively impact the most important aspect of a Wii FPS; controls.

Pointer controls rely on a stable and high framerate to reach their true potential of fluid accuracy; when frames are skippped or slow down, the pointer can jump around awkwardly as its movement between frames is lost.

This problem in does not exist in games like Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel 2, and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 because they run at 60fps, and the difference this makes to accuracy is huge.

If Conduit 2 is truly to set the standard for Wii FPS titles, it will need to be at least a stable 30fps, or the experience will take a heavy hit.
#2The_ShaderPosted 1/13/2011 8:15:55 PM
Any game with poor framerate turns the game into ****. I believe the Quantam 3 engine is much better this time around, so it can deal with anything the game can do and keep from Framerate issues from happening.

Lag however affects all online games. So expect plenty.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3LilroscoPosted 1/13/2011 9:15:08 PM
Meh, I doubt we'll see too much lag in C2. Then again, it could show up once in a while.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#4Icuras08Posted 1/13/2011 9:42:57 PM
Conduit 1's lag was pretty reasonable. I would have like the frame rate to increase a little. What I'm more excited for is how they reduced the time to find and enter a match (Conduit 1's was around 2 to 5 minutes, They've said somewhere that they decreased it to 30 seconds to 1 minute)
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#5Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/13/2011 10:47:01 PM
I think that was the time between matches. The time to find a match could be the same. I really hope they did end up having you connect to online the second you boot up the game though, since they said they were looking into it and it's in the SDK... As for framerate, it's uncapped, which means it could be really high when nothing's happening, but lower when there's action on-screen. Just how much lower is the problem...
#6Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 11:31:13 PM
For the record, I was mostly referring to the campaign, not to online lag.
My bad for not making this clear.
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 1/13/2011 11:47:28 PM
As long as we don't have a lot of areas with fire everywhere and tons of enemies at the same time, it should stay steady.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#8Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 12:34:05 AM
"As long as we don't have a lot of areas with fire everywhere and tons of enemies at the same time, it should stay steady."

That's what worries me, the game seems to be focussing on bigger areas.

In the recent teaser, I swear the footage chugged badly in the snow area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odry_3XI-rc (0:14)
#9The_ShaderPosted 1/14/2011 1:37:50 AM
The Quantam 3 engine can now handle more enemies at a time. Meaning that the amount of enemies on screen is not as hampered this time. The graphics are being handled in a much more manageable way, making the Graphics hamper the framerate very little. And some of the special effects that weapons once had have been changed, some of which being eliminated entirely, this probably freeing up framerate by alot too.

However, the loading times and connecting times i assume will still be long. For one, its still Nintendo's **** servers, despite HVS huge advancements with it. And second, Theres more character models, ontop of which can be customized.

And then theres lag... and again, NINTENDO SERVERS. Expect plenty.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/14/2011 2:12:22 AM
Frame rate is the least of my worries.
I mean, Yeah its important, but of all the things that could go wrong, or all the things that make the game good...

And Framerate is only ever REALLY important in competitive settings, everywhere else its only annoying.