I'm so happy with CC support

#31Aile_WingPosted 1/16/2011 12:18:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32elheberPosted 1/16/2011 10:35:56 AM
Elheber bro, I knew you were upset with CC support but if you're good enough it shouldn't matter. =/ It's all preference.

That assumption is the same one that Brownprouder made with his previous threads about the same subject. He assumed the people who defended the Wiimote by claiming it was superior must not want CC support, and that those that didn't want CC support were just afraid of getting owned. Those were incorrect assumptions. I was upset about the trend for CC support because it meant developers would need to be less creative with motion controls in order to not conflict with CC users (sort of like if they had removed player tilting in Goldeneye). There's other reasons other than that, but none of them are the fear of not being good enough against CC users.

I do believe the W+N is superior to DA in FPS games in high-level play, skilled player vs. skilled player. The W+N has a seriously steep learning curve that could deter players from leaving their familiar dual analog setup, which is one of the things that upsets me.

I play TCon without target lock just as well as those that did use it. Likewise, my argument against target-lock for Con2 wasn't my fear of getting wrecked by lock-on users since I do more than fine without it. I'll admit that it annoyed me that they knew my health and I didn't know theirs; but my reason for not wanting it in Con2 was from a gameplay standpoint and not from a competitive standpoint.

It does a great disservice to people and their points when you misrepresent their opinions like Brownprouder did in his old threads.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#33Sudsy86_Posted 1/16/2011 1:13:25 PM
(Aile)"Why force people to play with a control scheme they don't like? What if the controls are just plain terrible? How is forcing people to use the same control scheme more competitive?"

Firstly, the tcon controls are not terrible. So, that possibility doesn't apply here. Customization in of itself really leaves little excuse.

The CC will be easier to use in more circumstances than the wiimote. Idc what anyone says. It will be. Tcon is largely about running and gunning. Using a steady line is much simpler than actual aiming. It kinda' removes aiming out of it, in some sense.

There is self-evidently less skill level to be explored when a game is made easier. And when there is no real ceiling space to get over your opponent, there is no further competition. Think of CoD and how shallow movement is. There is hardly any motor skill difference in above-average from great players in CoD. It's all who is willing to be more patient, because CoD has very few ways of moving to explore firing with.

CoD gameplay is hardly ever as competitive as Tcon was before people left. In Cod, when you're functioning high, what do you end up doing? Play more skilled? Sort of. But, mostly, you just time your defense more effectively. In Tcon, when you started trying harder, you bunny hopped out of someone's aim, hit them with a melee, and finished them off with a gun. You could pretty much overcome any deficit against a single player (and against multiple people if you were really rampaging) by having more to tap into.

This is really my argument for bunny-hopping, if it interested you enough to remember.

Easier=less competitive. This is not to be confused with simplicity.

It's obviously better for sales. But most of the increase won't push very hard. It's how a quantitative term, "normal", became used in a qualitative sense.
#34Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/16/2011 2:54:00 PM
Just curious... Why are we still dwelling on this? We can't do a damn thing about it, so is there even a point? Maybe someone will end up "right", but aside from taking up site bandwidth, what's the point? Although I guess it gives us something to do while we wait for the game, so there is that.
#35Aile_WingPosted 1/16/2011 4:42:30 PM
Sudsy86_:
Firstly, the tcon controls are not terrible. So, that possibility doesn't apply here. Customization in of itself really leaves little excuse.

I wasn't criticizing the controls of Conduit 2. I was speaking in general.

The CC will be easier to use in more circumstances than the wiimote. Idc what anyone says. It will be. Tcon is largely about running and gunning. Using a steady line is much simpler than actual aiming. It kinda' removes aiming out of it, in some sense.

You don't provide any proof or reason to the belief that the Classic Controller will be overall easier than the Wiimote other than because you say so.

Aile_Wing:
What is that supposed to mean? Players who aren't used to the game will sometimes unintentionally kill other players? What kind if reason to not like the inclusion of Classic Controller support is that?

Just fixing something in my previous post in case you were wondering what I was trying to post.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#36ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2011 5:50:55 PM
Okay, I'm sorry everyone. Closing in 5 minutes.
---
Hey, my name is Tasi. You may address me as such if you wish. =]
Goldeneye 007: 4283 9757 4557 [C4]Tasi
#37Sudsy86_Posted 1/17/2011 10:39:34 AM
(@Aile)
Assuming gameplay will be similar to Tcon1, where it was mostly running and gunning, spraying will be generally more practical than any other kind of shooting. If that's the case, the linearity allows you to only have to mentally track the target once, and then follow a line. With the wiimote, you're generally flicking the cursor slightly on and off to follow their movement past the initial locating, since there's a point at which your wrist can't flex out anymore, and you'll have to reset your wrist (not that it's that hard). With DA, as long as you're not terrible, spraying should practically be automatic once you locate them initially.

I mean, I'll use the wiimote for its long range ease. But, most who play will probably find it easier for their style to use the linearity in DA.
#38Icuras08Posted 1/17/2011 10:47:25 AM
Wow Sudsy, you're really trying your hardest to prove DA has a advantage.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie