im actually a little bit put-off by the apparent cheesiness....

#1Neo-ganonPosted 1/17/2011 9:33:19 PM

i mean the first conduit had this really dark and creepy dreadful atmosphere, which multiplied a hundredfold whenever you found a radio. Now that you got armed SWAT team guys jumping out and saying "say cheese!" while pointing shotguns at you, that dread atmosphere is kind of lost on me. I mean im all for good humor and some cheesiness, but i hope its not too overblown.

#2Icuras08Posted 1/17/2011 9:43:55 PM
Just great....MORE lethal mysteries.....
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#3Icuras08Posted 1/17/2011 9:50:50 PM
Also, I hope Mr.Ford and Prometheus have some awesome duo lines.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#4RyokoWinsPosted 1/17/2011 10:07:34 PM
I was starting to think I was the only one.

Oh well. We'll just have to grit our teeth and bear it. I barely pay attention to single player in multiplayer games anyways. I've only played the first two missions in Black Ops.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#5TottentanzPosted 1/17/2011 10:18:39 PM
I have not played Duke Nukem other than the 2d side scroller, so I am not familiar with the voice actor's range; however, the article that sparked this thread did mention that HVS was trying a lighter approach this go around.

They did say that they did not want to be just another alien shooter taking itself too serious, but I have yet to hear any cheesiness in the clips yet. The most I heard was the new voice portraying sarcasm about the situation at hand.

Can anyone answer that this John St. John fellow has the range of Bruce Campbell, cheesy yet satisfying?

Can you mock the line "Come get some" uttered by Bruce in his own unique way?

I would feel more confident about the voice acting if I could hear more clips.

All of that to the side, we all know that TCon2 is not just the single player campaign. A good deal of us are looking forward to how much they have put into everything from the single experience to the mass online skirmishes that we will all be running into.

I think I can stand 10 hours of bad dialogue to get to the meat and potatoes of the game. In fact, whenever the game ticks me off too badly I know that I can, at any time, play invasion mode in a group or single player and get the frustration out fragging some bots.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/17/2011 10:49:28 PM
If Prometheus and Ford were serious when talking to other characters, but made jokes between themselves, I can see that working pretty well actually. I don't know if I entirely like this new atmosphere, but considering the first game didn't really know what it was going for and ended up having some really horrible dialog in parts (I found conversations between Adams and Ford to be pretty good, but particularly certain things from "Homeland" between Prometheus and Ford were cringe-worthy), I don't mind (that was a really long sentence 0_o).
#7Phasmatis92Posted 1/17/2011 11:52:57 PM
"Oh well. We'll just have to grit our teeth and bear it. I barely pay attention to single player in multiplayer games anyways. I've only played the first two missions in Black Ops."

I'm the exact opposite; I barely touch online and buy it primarily for the campaign.
#8Valdimir_DregaPosted 1/18/2011 8:34:23 AM
Conduit 2 is to Die Hard
as Call of Duty is to Rambo

Here is what I mean by that.

I doubt that the storyline in C2 is going to be nothing but cheese. Today's FPS choices, however, are usually very serious, no-BS sort of action games; much the same was true for action movies in the early 80s. Just as Die Hard gave the 80s action scene a fresh angle on action moves (adopting a more comical approach while maintaining intensity), I believe C2 will do the same.

Everyone is taking the serious approach to their storylines. A more tongue-in-cheek angle ought to be more refreshing, and will allow C2 to stand out in the crowd even among HD shooters. I wouldn't fret about it too much. HVS still has yet to truly prove themselve to most publishers and hardcore consumers, they've done everything in their power to make that happen this time around.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#9SupahShnipaPosted 1/18/2011 12:45:43 PM
I agree. If I want cheesyness I'll go watch Arnold movies.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#10elheberPosted 1/18/2011 3:05:38 PM
Dead to Rights: Retribution compared to the original Dead to Rights is proof that comically cheesy cliche is better than regular cliche.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.