New Weapons trailer

#31Phasmatis92Posted 1/19/2011 12:54:49 AM
They still haven't demonstrated that Black Hole gun; what's it called again, Dark Star?
#32The_ShaderPosted 1/19/2011 2:36:05 PM
Atleast they showed the Hive Cannon with the Honey Glob in action. Finally... Looks good, and epic too. Now to tweak the gun into perfection, the Hive Cannons bugs should make alot of 'squeeling' when they fly towards the Honey Glob. So Epic.

The Widowmaker looks like an Atlantian weapon. With its streamline curves, and plasma discharges rather then solid ammunition. Either that, or its Annunnaki.

The cloaking with the ARC-Eclipse is surprisingly HD like... With full cloaking, and no outlines of there character at all... fully impressed HVS. Good ****ing job on that one.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#33ddd87Posted 1/19/2011 2:40:49 PM
@ RyokoWins

In the portal podcast, it is explained that the hive's honey blob works like a grenade launcher or like the tpc launcher, in that the shot has a curved trajectory.
#34The_ShaderPosted 1/19/2011 2:43:57 PM
@Phasmatis92
They did show the Dark Star being fired dude. Not really a demonstration, because all you see is it there, then firing, then seeing its projectile slowly move forward and attack the nearest enemy, leaving a giant, radiation grenade-like zone of death. It makes black holes dude... its probably the more powerful Trust weapon in the game.

Oh yeah and...

@Icuras08

The Drudge are clones remember? They were created from the DNA of a male Annunnaki named 'Prometheaus' and the DNA was manipulated so that the Drudge were merciless, mindless, obedient, killing machines. The Drudge have no home besides the labs that they were cloned from.

The Annunnaki however probably do have females, if they arent asexual.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#35CheslukPosted 1/19/2011 5:13:29 PM
Has it occured to anyone that this video might show evidence of a theater mode? Like Phantasmis mentioned, the Widowmaker scene has bad graphics compared to the rest of the video. The camera during that part also moves like any other theater mode camera would. So consider the possibility of there being a theater mode at the cost of downgraded graphics during (third person) playback.

Or I'm wrong and there's just third person spectating. :/
---
"At first I ask Infinity Ward why their ending was as bad as Halo 2's. But then they offered to put me in it so I was like, 'Da, okay.'"-Nikolai
#36CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/19/2011 5:25:44 PM
I can't imagine there being any reason why there would need to be degraded quality for third person playback...
#37Phasmatis92Posted 1/19/2011 7:50:27 PM
@The_Shader: I meant the weapons trailer didn't cover it, and was conjecturing that maybe there will be a second one that will.