Invasion Mode Strategies: Online or Splitscreen

#1TottentanzPosted 1/18/2011 9:48:50 AM
Based purely on speculating on the data already given in interviews, what do you think would be the best combos of 4 people in Invasion Mode?

I would guess that it would be advantageous to have at least one healer for revives and heals, at least one tank type with the extra armor and either bonus clips or two primaries or both if that is an option, and perhaps at least one stealth or speed type for those times where you are low on ammo and need someone to take down a ton o' mobs without a bullet in the clip between ammo drops.

In the hiphopgamer interview, I recall the HVS rep bringing up that there will be ammo drops but if you run out of bullets with what ever gun you started with then you are just going to have to pick one up off the floor and carry on.

Anywho, I know it is pointless to talk strategy now; nevertheless, I will be probably gaming with some of you, and it would be nice to pick your brains on the idea of strategy now before we are all too caught up on stomping some alien bug brains.

On a side note, would it be cheating to make a stealth type for soloing Invasion mode and taking out the waves at your own discretion?
#2RyokoWinsPosted 1/18/2011 2:08:16 PM
It's good to have a medic, beyond that, I think any team would work.

I play a support role in co-op games when I can. My teammates love me. I'll probably have a medic class just for invasion mode...provided it's online. I don't know what to think anymore. X(

I don't think the stealth type would be cheating. It's not like you can stay invisible forever. The enemies will shoot back at you when you shoot them.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#3Prime011Posted 1/18/2011 7:35:12 PM
If they had some perk that strengthened the melee, the stealth would be awesome, but remember that some big Drudge won't go down from a stealth type without both dying.

Although it is great to have a strategy to survive a long time, it is just a lot funner when four people are just running around going solo.
---
PSN: Bigfudgie
Hebrews 11:1