The latest delay is bad for this game

#1shotokanjavPosted 1/18/2011 5:21:31 PM
March 22 (USA). The 3DS comes out in the month also. Conduit 2 avoided BlackOps and Goldeneye. It's going to now avoid Killzone 3. However, is anyone else @#&*ing aware that CRYSIS 2 comes out on the same date! What the hell is Sega doing? I would not be surprised if its delayed again for that reason. What genius thought that March 22 would be a great launch date?!

If the patch system is going be in place, then Con2 should of just stuck around for Feb 15. You heard it here first folks....April at the earliest. At the least Sega needs to promote this game way more a month prior to release now than they did leading up to the Feb. date.

---
PS3: Third-Drifter
Wii PES 2011: 4040 2669 3725
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/18/2011 6:02:22 PM
Patches are NO excuse to release a game prematurely! >:9

And crisis crowd ain't competing with Con2 buyers.... for real.
#3UnfoundedVirusPosted 1/18/2011 6:24:15 PM
^ What he said.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
Goldeneye FC: 230430667242 Name: U-Virus
#4LigersRulePosted 1/18/2011 7:21:24 PM
Con2 should of just stuck around for Feb 15

The day Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 comes out?

Honestly, the people who buy Capcom fighters on PS360 are more likely to overlap with Wii Shooters then Wii shooters and PC Shooters.

MvC3 is probably a much worse blow, sales wise, then Crysis could ever be.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#5Brownprouder23Posted 1/18/2011 7:50:32 PM
^Word.
#6shotokanjav(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2011 8:33:41 PM
You guys do realize the Crysis 2 will launch on 360, PS3, and PC on the same day? No doubt Conduit 2 as a game will be better due to the delay, but I think a high-profile multiplatform game of the same genre can pontentially hurt the userbase of Con2 much more than MvC3. I think some of you guys are underestimating the draw that Crysis has. I know because I have it on my PC.

This doesn't even account for the juggernaut that 3DS is sure to be. If there must be a delay, it should not launch on the same day of huge competition on all the other major platforms.

Have they said the reason for the delay regarding actual development of the game? Bugs? More features? Touchups?
---
PS3: Third-Drifter
Wii PES 2011: 4040 2669 3725
#7ChangliniPosted 1/18/2011 8:40:27 PM
Isn't that when the 3DS comes out for Japan or did I miss something?
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#8Phasmatis92Posted 1/18/2011 9:17:10 PM
Seriously, how hard can it be to stick to a deadline? If you don't tihnk you'll make a certain one, don't announce it in the first place.

As for the "polishing," Gran Turismo 5 had like 2 years of delays and still released as a half-assed mess.
#9RyokoWinsPosted 1/18/2011 9:23:39 PM
I think the people who would play Crysis wouldn't bother with Conduit 2. I know I probably wouldn't.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/18/2011 10:45:56 PM
I'm considering Crysis 2, but I probably won't buy it for a while if I do. On topic, when should Conduit 2 release then? There could be games we don't even know about waiting in the wings, to be announced for sometime in mid-2011. They have to release it at some point. Though I'll admit that 3DS might be a bit of an issue. If Conduit 2 were earlier than the 3DS, it might not be as big of a problem. But since it's probably later, people could be too busy buying the crap out of the 3DS to notice an as-of-yet very unadvertised game slip into stores. Man, I wish SEGA would just get their act together and actually advertise the game a bit. I realize they might not have as big an advertising budget as other companies, but they're still relying way too much on word of mouth and fanbase IMHO. It would help to have some more footage, for starters. Doesn't have to drive hype up too high, but enough to get people interested. Maybe release a multiplayer montage of staff MP matches. That would be awesome.