The latest delay is bad for this game

#11SupahShnipaPosted 1/18/2011 10:14:54 PM
Wait for a great game > Get a sub-par game earlier
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#12ReedeemerPosted 1/18/2011 11:37:05 PM
I was bummed to hear the news, but I'm glad that HVS isn't releasing an incomplete game. Looks like they learned their lesson very well.
---
Wii: 3243-5366-6626-7303 ::: PSN: Zetro-X
Loving the #2 this year; Lbp2, Conduit2, Deadspace2!
#13CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/18/2011 11:37:15 PM
When exactly it launches isn't really a big deal if its not launching during the buying season anyway.

The best thing HVS can do is take the time they need to make it what it needs to be, then NOT waiting to release it once its ready.
#14Phasmatis92Posted 1/19/2011 12:46:54 AM
"Wait for a great game > Get a sub-par game earlier"

Like I said, fans applied that logic to Gran Turismo 5 as well, and that still came out sub-par.
#15The_ShaderPosted 1/19/2011 1:43:32 AM
Be happy your getting a sequel AT ALL.

SEGA sucks. They dont have any servers to offer HVS, and they failed the first game by overhyping the **** out of it.

Delaying a game is never a bad thing. Duke Nukem Forever got delayed what... a decade? and because of that, everyone KNOWS about the game. Now that its actually coming out, people are very interested. Thats just an example of what i'm talking about.

Anyways, the third party developer HVS is putting their all into this franchise.... I want them to have as much time as they need. (Its one month away from February... are people ACTUALLY complaining about this? REALLY???)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#16shotokanjav(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2011 10:47:54 AM
I never said anything about the delay being bad for game content; on the contrary, HVS needs to use this extra month to their advantage.

But with the first Conduit, it was mostly HVS themselves who overhyped it. For a long time they didn't have a publisher, and so they were saying anything to get attention on the game long before it came out. Compared to Con2, now things are relatively quiet.
---
PS3: Third-Drifter
Wii PES 2011: 4040 2669 3725
#17The_ShaderPosted 1/19/2011 4:06:24 PM
^ HVS didnt hype the game up much at all. But they did hype up the Quantam 3 engine. Which they had the total right to do.

The Conduit did get E3 awards for how it looked, and the game just got more hype after that from the fans and eventually SEGA. And the reason why its so quiet this time around is because SEGA is doing the complete opposite to what was done for The Conduit..
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#18LHS_2012Posted 1/19/2011 6:02:04 PM
"Like I said, fans applied that logic to Gran Turismo 5 as well, and that still came out sub-par."

And it wouldn't be any worse if it came out two years earlier because....?
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#19Phasmatis92Posted 1/19/2011 7:55:17 PM
"And it wouldn't be any worse if it came out two years earlier because....?"

Just saying that the delay = quality argument doesn't always work.
#20FFadiktPosted 1/21/2011 4:54:46 PM

Great, now it's coming out on the same day as Dissidia Duodecim, let's hope this will be the last delay.