why is the hive cannon being so hyped?

#1Neo-ganonPosted 1/19/2011 2:45:37 PM

I dont get it. In Tcon it was basically the alien equivalent of the SMG, only with benefits. in C2 its no different (asside from the alt-fire and a few tweaks) so whats the big deal?

#2Number_34Posted 1/19/2011 2:48:33 PM
Because who doesn't want to pass up the chance to put their arm up some alien creature's a**, and use it like a gun?
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/19/2011 2:51:12 PM
I think its because its the 'new' gun that we know the most about, not only because we've seen so much of the new hive, but because we've played with the old one.

Simply put, you can't really talk very much about something you don't know much of, but the hive cannon we're more familiar with both new and old.
#4Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/19/2011 3:12:44 PM
Because who doesn't want to pass up the chance to put their arm up some alien creature's a**, and use it like a gun?

This.
#5Simok123Posted 1/19/2011 3:23:45 PM
the HC in C2 is much better then the first. the first one was basicly useless, this one is much faster and is over all better
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#6The_ShaderPosted 1/19/2011 3:41:28 PM
^ Spoken like a noob.

The Hive Cannon in the first was grouped up in the worst weapon sets that it had no way of possibly doing any good in. If the weapon sets were more balanced, people would see just how good of a weapon it is, and how much of a step up it was from the MP5. Now in C2, there is Weapon Loadouts, and the Honey Glob to make the weapon even better.

However, it looses the ability to shoot faster and in a wider spray, and the ability to shoot slower and more accurately. The 'twist your wrist with the wiimote' ability that i was actually very fond of.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#7Phasmatis92Posted 1/19/2011 7:56:48 PM
Because it was already a cool weapon, and the "honeyblob" secondary makes it even groovier.
#8RyokoWinsPosted 1/19/2011 8:07:47 PM
Somebody important down at HVS likes it
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.