Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

#11ddd87Posted 1/22/2011 4:46:25 PM
^ Run as fast as you can! Im sure it cant go through all walls
#12SupahShnipaPosted 1/22/2011 6:08:15 PM
I'm waiting to find my BR equivalent. This will definitely be in my Top 3 guns though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#13SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2011 6:21:04 PM

Another thing I've been thinking: what are you supposed to do when someone is sniping at you? It's not like you can take cover...

Either find another layer of cover or run toward/away/across them until you shake them off.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#14DivinityStripesPosted 1/22/2011 7:01:32 PM
So...when someone truly masters the Phase Rifle, everyone will have to be running constantly? Sounds annoying :P.
---
Why? Because.
#15SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2011 7:28:45 PM
Well, they can only look at 1 person at a time, and the one being looked at knows it.

So if you see somebody suddenly start running in circles, they're probably not being attacked by bees.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#16xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/22/2011 7:42:46 PM
Funny, to Snipe you have to camp, and this is an anti camping weapon. So if someone else has a Phase Rifle and see's that person camping and sniping, he'd be wide open.
So basically it's and anti or itself.
#17SupahShnipaPosted 1/22/2011 7:47:35 PM
Another thing I've been thinking: what are you supposed to do when someone is sniping at you? It's not like you can take cover...

Strafe/Jump and Pray that the sniper doesn't have good aim :P
Also, I hope taking damage knocks you out of the scope.
---
#18xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/22/2011 7:59:04 PM
SupahShnipa posted...

Strafe/Jump and Pray that the sniper doesn't have good aim :P
Also, I hope taking damage knocks you out of the scope.
---

I hope that the Phase Rifle has to have a certain amount of range, that'll make things more far.
#19DivinityStripesPosted 1/22/2011 8:06:47 PM
Hmm... So the enemies are alerted when they are being targeted? I wonder why none of the AI in the demonstrations try to run away then...they just sit there... Maybe just to show how it works? Or, the infinite health code messing with the program?

Also, if someone was VERY consistent with the Phase Rifle, wouldn't that just mean only Snipers dominate? What is the anti-Phase Rifle weapon? If it's just another Phase Rifle, then only other snipers can stop snipers; Thus making any other weapon useless. :(

Plus, why is it a one hit death to the torso in the Weapon Feature Video? Shouldn't it be to the head? Torso shots are VERY easy to get off. That would also mean that if people wanted to survive a Phase Rifle shot, they would absolutely HAVE to have the damage reduction perk SmallerRidley mentioned.
---
Why? Because.
#20xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/22/2011 8:10:46 PM
You make a good point.