Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

#21SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2011 9:12:08 PM
Is it any surprise that a sniper rifle that requires a 2-3 second charge and fires one shot to a reload wouldn't be a OSOK to much of the body? It's not a CoD rifle.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#22DivinityStripesPosted 1/22/2011 9:21:51 PM
Yeah, I got you. It's just that, I'm saying that someone totally mastered the Phase Rifle. They will not miss an easy shot to the torso, even if the person tries to escape by running, jumping, ext. This basically means, you WILL die once someone has the Phase Rifle unless you take up one of your perk slots with the Damage Reduction.
---
Why? Because.
#23xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/22/2011 9:27:55 PM
Well that would suck if thats the case. But it does have to lock on to your heat signature first, and i think it takes a little for it to lock on, so maybe its only at full power when you lock on to kill you instantly, which would give you a better chance of living through it.
#24SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2011 9:37:03 PM
*pictures the PR glitched with the MP5*

http://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY&start=1m4s&end=1m7s
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#25DivinityStripesPosted 1/22/2011 9:43:31 PM
XD That would suck!!!
---
Why? Because.
#26SupahShnipaPosted 1/22/2011 10:21:45 PM
you take up one of your perk slots with the Damage Reduction.
Wait.. We have a Jugg equivalent? YES!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#27RyokoWinsPosted 1/22/2011 10:27:10 PM
^That wouldn't be a good thing for balance's sake. What could possibly be better than a damage reduction?

Good thing there's a penalty for it: you move slower. Now if only they'd do something about increased bullet damage...
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#28DivinityStripesPosted 1/23/2011 12:09:24 AM
O_O Whoa, I just had a crazy thought! What if the Aegis Device could catch a Phase Rifle shot? We have our "anti-Phase Rifle" gun! ^-^
'>_>...you know...just a thought... <_<'...*runs away*
---
Why? Because.
#29TottentanzPosted 1/23/2011 1:24:31 AM
The answer to the phase rifle is the human factor, just like any other weapon can be countered by just a little thought.

A slow aiming sniper rifle, really any sniper, will find it hard to lock onto targets that actually move. Just like in TCon, if you camp then eventually people get wise to it even when you are using exploits.

People will find a way to adapt such as avoiding certain spots on the map due to exploits or finding a way around to pop the camper.

Yes, extra armor will be nice, and yes, simplifying everything down to a list of items to counter other items would be nice; however, it really just comes down to the raw talent of the player.

I am certain there are plenty of people on this board that has found joy in taking down people who use exploits, and the same joy will be felt when you take down campers that live on this rifle.

Example: I once hated the TPC rifle and found it useless, but now I am fragging fools left and right with it and racking up 10+ body counts between deaths. I tried something new and found a way to incorporate it into how I play the game.
#30The_ShaderPosted 1/23/2011 4:16:50 AM
Think about for a lengthy amount of time. So far, all we've seen is enemy's standing in one single spot before getting shot by the Phase Rifle. Do you think it'd have to re-lock on to someone if that person goes behind another wall or leaves the wall hes hiding behind? I would think so.

And a possible counter would be the ARC-Eclipse. The gun gets colder as you cloak, and the Phase Rifle locks on to heat signatures. See the connection here?

Or how about the more obvious solution to the Phase Rifle's possible overpowering... LOW AMMO. You cant get 50 kills in 2 lives with the weapon if all it comes with is 10 shots! (5 per clip) and the gun doesnt reload after every shot, it just has to reload a bullet/Plasma Cell into the chamber... Like a Bolt-Action sniper rifle.

Phase Rifles fine as it is.... Looks fun as hell.... Now if only the Drudge and Human weapons were as interesting..... (Looks to me like the Human and Drudge side are more powerful, with more ammo. Human side having the most Ammo, and possibly the highest headshot multipliers.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"