Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

#31SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2011 8:17:47 AM
Actually, I forgot the ammo count in the OP. From the weapons trailer it's 2/6, but it might have more reserve shots than that.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#32Korby9000Posted 1/24/2011 1:52:07 PM
Not to revive a semi-dead thread, but, since it will actually be something you can get regularly, the Shrieker will probably be a godly counter to the Phase Rifle if people learn to use it. Even without that, all you really need is someone who has a highly mobile class and some close-quarters weaponry. TCon had very few places with only one way in, and it seems like there are even less of them in Con2. So defending a sniper who can only kill someone about every 10 seconds at least would take a lot of teammates, and thus would not be a viable strategy overall.

Does Con2 have a killcam, I forget. If it does, Phase Rifles are even more screwed, as you know right where they are the moment they kill one person.

Without ammo caches, camping with low-ammo-capacity weapons is going to be much less viable overall, so this should do quite well in counterbalancing the sheer power of the Phase Rifle.
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#33SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 2:00:20 PM
These aren't dead until they archive.

The Shrieker will be a good anti-camping weapon overall, simply because there can be more of them now and camping will be a little more prevalent. Being able to put 4 shots with splash damage on a long-range target quickly is pretty useful. No killcam, btw.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#34ddd87Posted 1/25/2011 5:19:26 PM
Surprise! while scoping, you can pierce through the Aegis Device's shield

http://conduit-portal.blogspot.com/2011/01/weapon-versus-phase-rifle-vs-aegis.html?m=1
#35RyokoWinsPosted 1/25/2011 5:55:58 PM
^Well that's no good. :/
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#36Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/25/2011 11:12:35 PM
Hopefully you have to charge it up to pierce the shield. That would make sense, since it's kind of a wall. I'm pretty stoked for this weapon though.
#37xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/25/2011 11:15:08 PM
Also, its been said that the Phase Rifle is tricky, and can only penetrate one layer, and that it has a limited range that it can go to lock-on you.

http://the-conduit.ning.com/profiles/blogs/conduit-2-hands-on-by-jonathan