Bullet Penetration

#1Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/24/2011 6:29:01 PM
I haven't seen any talk about this. Does anyone know whether the bullet penetration system that was to be included in The Grinder is incorporated into C2? I'm thinking in terms of Phase Rifle multikills/collaterals (or any other weapon that has the potential to go through people). Then again, they would probably have to rebalance the weapons if they added this now, since the Phase Rifle would become a lot more powerful, as would the Carbonizer (assuming it's fairly similar to the Spartan Laser).

Discuss.
#2The_ShaderPosted 1/24/2011 7:01:35 PM
There is so much i dont understand about your post TC...

"bullet penetration system that was to be included in The Grinder is incorporated"
Ok... since when? care to share a link because i didnt know anything about the game getting something like that.

"I'm thinking in terms of Phase Rifle multikills/collaterals"
.... ummm its nice that your thinking in terms of the phase rifle but for what reason? We already know that the Phaser can see and shoot through walls... What exactly in the hell are talking about with the Phase Rifle???

"Then again, they would probably have to rebalance the weapons if they added this now, since the Phase Rifle would become a lot more powerful, as would the Carbonizer (assuming it's fairly similar to the Spartan Laser)."
...... Again, the Phase Rifle ALREADY SHOOTS THROUGH WALLS. And the Carbonizer is more like a gatling gun then the Spartan Laser.

The Carbonizer has to connect the laser with the enemy for a long amount of time in order to kill them, and MAYBE the built up radiation from the carbonizer will shoot up and hit nearby enemies. The Spartan Laser doesnt do ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!!. The thing has a lengthy charge time, then fires and goes through anything that isnt the terrain.

.... You need to reread stuff you posts so other people can understand just what the hell your trying to say.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3Kirby_Pwns_All(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 7:33:47 PM
"bullet penetration system that was to be included in The Grinder is incorporated"
Ok... since when? care to share a link because i didnt know anything about the game getting something like that.

"We've added a new bullet penetration feature that allows us to punch through multiple enemies at once. "
http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986663p3.html

"I'm thinking in terms of Phase Rifle multikills/collaterals"
.... ummm its nice that your thinking in terms of the phase rifle but for what reason? We already know that the Phaser can see and shoot through walls... What exactly in the hell are talking about with the Phase Rifle???

I want to know if you can kill multiple people using a single bullet, basically.

"Then again, they would probably have to rebalance the weapons if they added this now, since the Phase Rifle would become a lot more powerful, as would the Carbonizer (assuming it's fairly similar to the Spartan Laser)."
...... Again, the Phase Rifle ALREADY SHOOTS THROUGH WALLS. And the Carbonizer is more like a gatling gun then the Spartan Laser.

The Carbonizer has to connect the laser with the enemy for a long amount of time in order to kill them, and MAYBE the built up radiation from the carbonizer will shoot up and hit nearby enemies. The Spartan Laser doesnt do ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!!. The thing has a lengthy charge time, then fires and goes through anything that isnt the terrain.

I tried to find the interview/preview that said it in my history, but after about the first interviews, I gave up. Anyway, it was said in some interview that the Carbonizer's alternate fire is similar to the Spartan Laser in Halo. I want to know if that could go through people and kill more than one person at a time.

That's about it.
#4Simok123Posted 1/24/2011 8:40:20 PM
those are always fun ^^ I hope they have em
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 1/24/2011 9:51:24 PM
Mr. Fords are wearing a lot of metallic armor. The enemies in The Grinder are nekkid.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6SupahShnipaPosted 1/24/2011 10:01:52 PM
Bullet Penetration, apart from the Phase Rifle, will probably and hopefully not be in this game. Last thing I want is people spraying me through a wall...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#7Kirby_Pwns_All(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 10:08:49 PM
@Shnipah and Shader: Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant only through people, not through walls. And good point Ridley, I guess only the most powerful weapons would have it (if any did) then...
#8The_ShaderPosted 1/25/2011 1:13:04 AM
^ You need to be ALOT more clearer dude. And you should know if the Carbonizer is gonna hit through one person or not if you played the first game.

It hits one guy, cooks him from the inside, then the radiation explodes and attacks other players.... Do you see how that would work with bullet penetration?????????? And even if the Phaser could shoot through multiple people, how would that make it overpowered??? you know how lucky it is to get two people in one shot with ANY sniper???
---
#9Kirby_Pwns_All(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2011 3:54:46 AM
All I'm saying is that if the Carbonizer's secondary fire were like the Spartan Laser's, which the developers have said, then it's possible that it could go through more than one person. The whole point of a secondary fire is to make the gun do something different, meaning it wouldn't necessarily still cook them and spread radiation around like it did in the first game.

As for making bullet penetration making the Phase Rifle overpowered: maybe it would, and maybe it wouldn't. But if it did, they'd have to rebalance some of the other weapons to compensate.
#10The_ShaderPosted 1/25/2011 6:06:21 AM
^ Ok, even if the Phaser did have the ability to shoot through limitless amounts of people whenever. Lets think about how it could be overpowered from such a thing....

Everyone on the enemy team would have to regularly be standing in a group for a VERY long amount of time, because the Phase Rifle takes forever to calibrate onto targets, and as far as we know, the player would have to get a spot where theres not too many walls between him and the enemy. Even then, its ONE SHOT that has to go through and hit another directly behind where your shooting.

... Do you see how pretty damn unlikely a scenario like this is???? The only way it could be overpowered as of now is if the shots it fired WERE like the Spartan Laser, is instant kill regardless of where you shot, could shoot through any number of walls, and could keep the enemy heat signature no matter what happens.

TC, your thinking WAY too into this. Just because it can shoot through walls, doesnt mean it can shoot through multiple enemies. And the Carbonizer getting two very powerful shooting modes is insanely overpowered. Besides, all the weapons in this game are balanced in power as it is, the Phase Rifle isnt the strongest, nor the Carbonizer. Both would do jack **** against the Aegis Device.
---