Bullet Penetration

#11SmallerRidleyPosted 1/25/2011 11:24:55 AM
Calm the **** down, Shader.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#12SupahShnipaPosted 1/25/2011 11:32:55 AM
@Shnipah and Shader: Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant only through people, not through walls. And good point Ridley, I guess only the most powerful weapons would have it (if any did) then...
Through People would make sense for certain weapons, like a Charged SR Shot, Phase Rifle etc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#13Kirby_Pwns_All(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2011 11:43:54 AM
^ Ok, even if the Phaser did have the ability to shoot through limitless amounts of people whenever. Lets think about how it could be overpowered from such a thing....

Everyone on the enemy team would have to regularly be standing in a group for a VERY long amount of time, because the Phase Rifle takes forever to calibrate onto targets, and as far as we know, the player would have to get a spot where theres not too many walls between him and the enemy. Even then, its ONE SHOT that has to go through and hit another directly behind where your shooting.

I'm pretty sure that the Phase Rifle only needs to be charged when you're shooting through walls. You'd only need two people (or more) to be standing in the right place for a split second. So for example, if someone were to sprint by one of their teammates and their heads lined up, a skilled sniper could take them both out in one shot. I never said it would be easy. I guess you're right that it wouldn't be overpowered then.

... Do you see how pretty damn unlikely a scenario like this is???? The only way it could be overpowered as of now is if the shots it fired WERE like the Spartan Laser, is instant kill regardless of where you shot, could shoot through any number of walls, and could keep the enemy heat signature no matter what happens.

They don't have to be behind a wall. Like I said above, they could just be out in the open and beside each other, which happens quite a bit. I agree that it would be very difficult to get a two-for-one through a wall though.

TC, your thinking WAY too into this. Just because it can shoot through walls, doesnt mean it can shoot through multiple enemies. And the Carbonizer getting two very powerful shooting modes is insanely overpowered. Besides, all the weapons in this game are balanced in power as it is, the Phase Rifle isnt the strongest, nor the Carbonizer. Both would do jack **** against the Aegis Device.

When did I say that it could shoot through multiple enemies because it could shoot through walls? I think that fact that it's a very powerful sniper, and the fact that we haven't seen anyone disintegrate when they were shot with it means that it doesn't necessarily stop after one person.

And the Aegis Device only works if you're facing the person shooting you. If someone with the Aegis Device were sitting out in the open, and you didn't need to charge the Phase Rifle, they'd be dead before they even knew which way to look.
#14The_ShaderPosted 1/26/2011 4:24:29 PM
^ I garuntee that the 'skilled' snipers wont be standing out in the open firing the phaser from a distance, they'll be doing behind a wall so that nobody can see them.

And the unlikelyness of two people standing shoulder to shoulder at any time during a match is very little. And its impossible for a Sniper to take advantage of that, besides taking multiple shots.

As far as we know, you can only lock onto one heat signature at a time, so you may only see that one person through the wall, while the rest you cant see at all.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#15The_ShaderPosted 1/26/2011 5:04:58 PM
(Dual Post)

Upgrades.

Theres a primary and 3 secondaries.

in the Secondary A upgrades, Theres a "Phase Rifle Penetration" upgrade that allows the weapon to shoot through walls better. doesnt say anything about people though. Either that, or it looks through walls and locks onto targets faster.

Nothing on shooting through multiple people. Thank you live feed.

/topic
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"