We all wish there could be DLC

#1ocarinaoftasiPosted 1/24/2011 7:01:31 PM
But unfortunately, there won't be.
The problem is that Nintendo doesn't allow any editing or modification of an execution file, which allows DLC.

This may be a dumb theory, but in Brawl you could DL stages, pics and replays. Maybe this is relative to the extremely high amount of space to save things (that game had 128 blocks. Which wasn't fully because of the Sub Space Emmisary).

Maybe special changes could somehow be saved to system memory.
---
Hey, my name is Tasi. You may address me as such if you wish. =]
Goldeneye 007: 4283 9757 4557 [C4]Tasi
#2The_ShaderPosted 1/24/2011 7:04:15 PM
^ ...... Downloadable Content is possible. HVS had said this MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY times.

Whether or not that they'll ACTUALLY MAKE DLC is unknown. Nintendo does have a regulations issue with DLC, but have allowed DLC recently. HVS has the "OK" to make DLC. And the regulation your talking about, also has to do with hotfixes and patches for games. One of the first things that HVS released about this game is that it'll have patches and **** after the game is released.

... stop... making... topics....
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3ocarinaoftasi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 7:11:54 PM
Oh...Sorry...=/

Is this board making you mad tonight, or just me?
---
Hey, my name is Tasi. You may address me as such if you wish. =]
Goldeneye 007: 4283 9757 4557 [C4]Tasi
#4LigersRulePosted 1/24/2011 7:18:53 PM
The problem is that Nintendo doesn't allow any editing or modification of an execution file, which allows DLC.

The funny thing is, games have been doing that for a while now. Rock Band 2 on has DLC, as well as a couple of GH games. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King has DLC too. New dungeons, buildings, and characters. Cool stuff.

I think Nintendo is starting to realize what they are missing, and that (larger) DLC can't really hurt..... Much.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#5Ryan SiPosted 1/24/2011 7:18:56 PM
No DLC doesn't really bother me as long as the game is polished and packed w/ content when it's released. I am very glad they have upped the security of the online multiplayer and will release patches to help keep it secure. The first game was ruined b/c of hackers.
---
My Systems: NES, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii
Currently Anticipating: Conduit 2
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/24/2011 7:37:27 PM

...Isn't that what the patching system would be doing? And as mentioned, other games on the system have DLC. I think if there's no DLC, it will be because of time constraints.
#7Brownprouder23Posted 1/25/2011 12:31:27 AM
It will be b/c of b.s.
#8_Azeal_Posted 1/25/2011 11:06:38 AM
Downloadable maps is all want! PLEASE HVS!
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Dead Sexy (DS)Blue Steel,GE007 FC: 5165-5594-7659
#9lex5000111Posted 1/26/2011 2:02:08 AM
you guys do realize that call of duty black ops wii does DLC in the form of patches and from the latest update the probably going to be maps if you own it go to zombies online private match and right there it shows "choose map" so that goes to show that nintendo isnt restricting it anymore or as badly so its not nintendo's fault its just up to HVS if they want to or not

go to BO wii boards to check it out if you dont believe me or play BO
---
COD black ops Ally code:2482-7613-5995 i have a mic