Control transfer...

#1DivinityStripesPosted 1/27/2011 3:13:58 PM
I was wondering if Conduit 2 will let you transfer your control options from The Conduit over. You know, like the exact settings of sensitivity/brightness/ext.

This would be helpful for I am completely used to my settings and changing them back to default would mess me up badly. The Conduit just had so many variables to work with, perfecting the controls to your own liking was one of the best parts of the game; It would be such a hassle to get a new control set up again.

I know you might go like, just check them on the game, right them down, and copy them onto Conduit 2. What about the people who perfected their settings, but sold their game? They might get Conduit 2, but can't check their old settings.

I have changed settings many times on The Conduit to get my options just right, but I have noticed every time you screw around with the them, a severe learning curve is forced upon you. For instance, I wanted to have quicker more accurate aiming, so I turned sensitivity very high. After playing for awhile, I got used to it, but then I think, "This is a little too high, I'll turn it down a bit". So now I have to go through the whole "getting used to" process again. I think that this could be avoided by having Conduit 2 look at your data from The Conduit and copy those settings over.
---
Why? Because.
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 1/27/2011 3:16:03 PM
The numbers won't necessarily be the same, but you can simply copy down the numbers on your sliders from The Conduit and carry them over. If they're off a bit, you can tweak them since you'll be close at least.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 3:21:26 PM
What about the people who can't check their The Conduit settings? (addressed in my first post) :(
That learning curve is quite a nuisance to get past...
---
Why? Because.
#4SmallerRidleyPosted 1/27/2011 3:38:06 PM
Borrow somebody's disc? "Buy it" used from Gamestop then return it the next day?
---
#5DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 3:41:14 PM
Seems like more trouble than it's worth. -_-
---
Why? Because.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/27/2011 6:45:52 PM
You could just rent the game for a day then copy them over. But since you always have the same settings every time you play, i.e. it's saved, you'd think that it could just access the save file and copy the settings over. But I could be completely wrong.
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 1/27/2011 7:14:40 PM
Find someone who knows how to decipher the save files, then ask them what those values are.
---
#8DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 7:56:50 PM
@Kirby_Pwns_All: Yeah, I totally agree. I don't really know how video games work... So I don't know how hard it would be to implement scanning The Conduit save data for your settings. From my point of view, it seems pretty simple, but I don't know that much about the subject so...:P

Just having the option of transferring over would be so helpful. I look at examples like Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn checking your Nintendo GameCube memory cards for completed save files of Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
---
Why? Because.