Anybody ever play Doctor Dodgeball in gym?

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 1/28/2011 1:16:30 PM
It's regular dodgeball, but when you're hit, you sit down and stay in place instead of leaving the court. Each team has 1 anonymous doctor that can get people back up.

That's what the Field Medicine armor upgrade sounds like, with an added bonus of other "doctors" being able to revive you faster.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2011 1:17:57 PM
And another thing, if you pick field medicine you can't have faster reloads, faster movement speed, blinding melees, or faster health regeneration when crouching. So it's not as bad as I thought it might be.
---
#3Fang289Posted 1/28/2011 2:14:44 PM
Honestly, the Reverse Damage upgrade seems more helpful, but who's to say until we play the game?
---
http://tinyurl.com/wynaut
#4SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2011 2:16:11 PM
I have a feeling either everyone will pick this or nobody will. The other B upgrades are too useful.
---
#5The_ShaderPosted 1/28/2011 2:18:23 PM
^ Never played Doctor Dodgeball, but we played this one type where when you get hit and your out, you go to the other enemies side, under the hanging basketball hoop contraption. And if someone from YOUR TEAM throws the dodgeball into the enemies basketball hoop, that guys whole team gets revived. Either that, or you could sneak your way into the enemy side and throw a ball to your 'dead' teammates who would HAVE to catch it in order to return.

Makes me think of the new ASE game.

But on Topic, your absolutely right. The upgrades are set up in such a way that you cant be a 'strong' player while being able to be revived. And since this isnt a heavy kill streak game (****ing CoD...) staying alive during a killstreak isnt as important. (But hey, one less kill on their team.)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6Fang289Posted 1/28/2011 2:20:04 PM
I'm leaning towards no one picking it. Rids, if you're in the middle of the battlefield and you have half-revival ability, if you plan on reviving someone out there, y'might as well get headshot.
---
#7The_ShaderPosted 1/28/2011 2:44:04 PM
^ You make it sound as if getting shot in the head while your busy doing something is shameful....

More than likely, if your busy targeting someone else, and a enemy notices... more than likely, REGARDLESS of what your doing, hes gonna aim for that pretty face.
---
#8Fang289Posted 1/28/2011 2:49:44 PM
Standing there trying to revive a teammate is only gonna make it easier for that certain someone to put holes through you.
---
#9The_ShaderPosted 1/28/2011 3:44:06 PM
^ Or shooting at some other guy will do the same. Or running to get a certain ASE, Trying to destroy an enemy generator, trying to shoot your bounty....

My point is, reviving your teammate isnt the only way to leave yourself open to death. But it is the only 'teamwork' related way.
---
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/28/2011 9:50:21 PM
That's when someone else on your team takes the opportunity to snipe the person who's distracted on their team, and on and on it goes. This is kind of off-topic, but about the Reverse Damage perk, could someone on your team shoot you with a ton of TPC proximity mines and then have you rush the enemy base? You'd go in, explode, kill anyone nearby, and be healed to full health. Just a thought.