kinda pissed about the recent multiplayer footage...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 1/28/2011 2:09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfse_JneZxM

it starts here but doesnt get going until the second or third vid. anyway, my problem?...

couldnt they have atleast focused the camera on someone who didnt suck complete balls at this game?! seriously, i think i saw more of the death screen than the actual gameplay. why couldnt they have went around the room and focused on some of the guys that were kicking this guys ass?

so much for some "great, extensive mulitplayer footage"...
-
---
PUNCHOUT1116: currently playing goldeneye and black ops
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 1/28/2011 2:17:19 PM
They literally handed it to a guy who'd never played the game before. This happens a lot. >.>
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3ddd87Posted 1/28/2011 2:21:13 PM
The worst part is that this guy took one of the very limited spots for the event ....
#4The_ShaderPosted 1/28/2011 2:36:40 PM
I'm pretty positive that there'll be another video up of the same thing. Because the video captured some other guy who was also taping the whole thing. Not only that but the other guy was able to get in good footage. (He was actually taping the 'instructor' guy and what he was doing while he explained everything.)

Yeah... i just stopped watching after a few minutes of the actual gameplay... I need direct feed, and i need to watch from a really good players point of view. Someone who is gonna demonstrate alot of the weapons, instead of just using ****ing human weapons over and over again.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5clumsyoPosted 1/28/2011 3:32:48 PM
"The worst part is that this guy took one of the very limited spots for the event ...."

I set up this event and invited everyone that was in San Francisco and could attend the event based on the response from our blog. While the turnaround was pretty short, everyone who said they could go made it into the event - the people that didn't bother to respond didn't ;).

The event was for everyone and anyone, part press, part hardcore Conduit fan, part casual Conduit fan. We're pretty welcoming and if there's someone who might not have the best understanding of the game going in, you can bet they walked away a fan with interest in playing more. For a game that lives and dies by the community of players, that's only a good thing.

On guns and usage, consider that you have a group of guys coming in that are going to play only a few matches - I think 3 or 4 total and they definitely played the game to their strengths. People were there to win, to play hard, and to have fun! When the game is in your hands, you can take it online / offline and play the way YOU like too :p.
#6donkeypunch1116(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2011 3:56:13 PM
^lol there looked like a few guys that were kickin ass in that vid, i just wished the camera wouldve focused on them.
-
---
PUNCHOUT1116: currently playing goldeneye and black ops
#7clumsyoPosted 1/28/2011 4:16:36 PM
We definitely had some power players, but consider too that we basically threw them into the game with only a few minutes of play time - they had a massively extensive profile system to go through with access to all guns, perks, etc. Some guys wanted to dabble in that stuff, others just jumped straight into the game to see how they did. That station in particular had a few different people on it, so you did get a few different view points.

Fun stuff overall - I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone get their hands on the game - there will be some really cool stuff to fiddle with :).
#8TottentanzPosted 1/28/2011 4:33:07 PM
I do appreciate your efforts in putting forth a demonstration and sharing it, but how are you affiliated with this game?

Are you HVS or Sega?

Since you demoed multi-player stages which are being worked on for the next two months, can we expect that someone might try to stuff in online invasion mode?
#9clumsyoPosted 1/28/2011 4:44:03 PM
I work in the Community department here at Sega - I work with a lot of groups including our PR team, QA and production teams, as well as the High Voltage teams. I was CM for Conduit 1 as well - been here for a bit now.

Feature wise, the game is locked down - don't expect any major additions such as your request. Why you ask? The main reason is our goal of actually releasing the game. There comes a point in development were you have to cease development of new features and focus on development / balancing / fixing / etc of existing features. This is done to make the end product the absolute best it can be. If new features were to be added, more complications would arise and it would just keep pushing and pushing and pushing. So now, the big work being done is in balancing and ensuring the final product lives up to everyone's expectations!
#10SupahShnipaPosted 1/28/2011 4:52:04 PM
Balance is what makes or breaks the Online Component. Thankfully you guys really seem to be focusing on it!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa