Fav new weapon and why?

#1Phasmatis92Posted 1/29/2011 10:52:03 AM
Mine's gotta be the Dark Star, for its firing mechanics and the sheer badassery of firing a freakin' black hole at your enemies. ARC Eclipse is runner up for its hot/cold mechanics and cloaking.
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 1/29/2011 10:52:40 AM
eclipse.
#3tconslayerPosted 1/29/2011 10:57:16 AM

Im a sniper and I have to say Phase Rifle, its gonna be boss.

#4RyokoWinsPosted 1/29/2011 11:01:14 AM
ARC Eclipse. It's got the most interesting secondary use.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#5Jonsey117Posted 1/29/2011 11:22:17 AM
It's hard for me to pick a favorite, so I'll just list the reasons I like the new weapons.
-Dark Star: It can shoot black holes. What else do I have to say.
-AR-C Eclipse: Turning invisible, plus the clever and intuitive heating/cooling mechanic just go to show they want to make unique and interesting guns (I know the overheating has been a mechanic for guns in other games, but where else have you seen a gun overcooling?)
-Phase Rifle: Shoots through walls, great anti-camper weapon.
-AEGIS Device: It can catch ammo and throw it back at your enemy, it's sheer awesomeness is too much to behold
-Widowmaker Turret: Great for defending the ASE or VIP during their respective game modes, as well as defending yourself when the need arises.
---
Goldeneye 007 FC: 4256-6766-8294 Name: Jonsey 16 "That was the worst throw ever, of all time" "Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way"
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 1/29/2011 11:38:46 AM
Eclipse, though the PR will be lots of fun.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#7LilroscoPosted 1/29/2011 12:04:06 PM
Eclipse, I love turning invisible and sneaking up on people.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#8Turndawg107Posted 1/29/2011 12:09:05 PM
My top pick definitely is the AR-C Eclipse, definitely for the temperature mechanic. Like others have said, so many games have used an overheating gun before, but the cloaking effect causing extreme cooldown is definitely a welcome change. I also think the animation of breaking the ice off the front of the gun is pretty cool.
#9RyokoWinsPosted 1/29/2011 12:44:11 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be one more new weapon that we haven't heard about? I remember there being a lot of speculation about a drudge weapon.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 1/29/2011 12:52:48 PM
^ That's what I thought too, but if you count grenades, there are exactly 21 weapons right now, which I believe was the confirmed number on the fact sheet. It'll be a little sad if the Drudge doesn't get any new weapons, I was hoping to see something original (not that we haven't already).