conduit in development for 3ds

#11Neo-ganonPosted 2/5/2011 1:43:34 AM

For the record, i vote we call Conduit 3DS "C3D"

#12The_ShaderPosted 2/5/2011 2:07:10 AM
^ or how about whatever the hell we want since it doesnt even have a name yet?

@_Azeal_

You werent the first person to suspect a 3DS game in the works. About the time you spouted "Hey! maybe HVS is making a 3DS shooter!" They already released how much they'd love to put a game on it. You might as well have predicted that the sun would show up sometime this year or something.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#13Neo-ganonPosted 2/5/2011 2:09:13 AM

^ well we might as well given that theyve dropped "the" from "the conduit" and its going to be on the 3DS, ergo its going to be in 3D

#14The_ShaderPosted 2/6/2011 1:02:18 AM
^ Any game that comes out on the 3DS is gonna have 3D, but whether or not it UTILIZES the 3D capabilities is yet unknown.

If the 3D aspect of the 3DS games is just a gimmick, and can no way be a part of the gameplay, then its worthless ****.

So far Street Fighter lV is the only game coming out for the 3DS that truly utilizes the potential. (Kid Icarus is a contender IGN says, but i'm doubting it.)
---
#15Neo-ganonPosted 2/6/2011 2:05:14 AM

ok lets think about this for a second. Its a first person shooter. you are going to have projectilescoming at youand explosionsin your face. There is going to be 3D in it.

#16The_ShaderPosted 2/6/2011 6:55:29 AM
^ ... YES WE KNOW! ITS 3D!!!!

But will the GAMEPLAY USE the 3D???

For example: If you had the slider all the way down on 2D, you WONT be able to play BECAUSE the gameplay has puzzles, or objects that can only be seen in 3D. Now do you understand??? IGN has an entire article explaining this. The totally found an excellent point and can explain way better than i ever could.
---
#17ddd87Posted 2/6/2011 7:52:00 AM
"Well it's not confirmed that we are developing Conduit for 3DS, but it is confirmed that we're pulling our Quantum3 technology that the Conduit is built on. We're pulling all that technology over to the 3DS and we're very excited about what the system can do. We've got most of the core of our engine has been pulled over already, now we're starting pulling some game layer stuff, some cool stuff, and get this stuff working." - High Voltage's Eric Nofsinger

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a302105/high-voltage-to-reveal-3ds-title-next-month.html

As far as 3D goes, its just something that enhance the experience, but is in no way a mandatory gameplay mechanic like every other 3ds title.