multiplayer voices are bad, but the lines are funny

#1Neo-ganonPosted 2/6/2011 3:52:39 AM

"Tell my wife... shes the best thing to ever happen to a bum like me..." and "remind me why we hate these guys again?" were my favorites. Also, the female announcer voice is back! i missed her lol. speaking of the announcer, i love how Adams and (im assuming Andromeda) provide the voices for the control points multiplayer mode.

#2The_ShaderPosted 2/6/2011 4:07:22 AM
.... are you ****ing kidding me? Go play CoD: Black Ops on the 360, on the map Jungle, and use a care package. If you do.... you hear "Care Package inbound" (I believe the voice i'm talking about is on the SOG side...) but the way the announcer says so.... he says it in such a HORRIBLE military redneck way that its hilarious. But whats mostly an issue is that in games like CoD and alot of others out there, the multiplayer voices are extremely non important, or have no polish beyond that of "Realistic".

Conduit 2 features multiplayer voices that are meant for other people on your team to hear! Even if you dont have a headset, or if your not vocal at all, your character is. And not only do your characters have unique lines to say, their voices and lines change depending on what character model they are.

.... Before i get carried away with my walls of text, please explain WHY the "Multiplayer voices are bad". And if they are so bad to you, give us some examples of GOOD multiplayer voices are, so atleast this board knows what your talking about.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3naruto3336Posted 2/6/2011 7:21:06 AM

I think they were purposely going for these voices to add a humour side to the multiplayer. They are trying to turn this game over-the-top. They are looking at games like NMH2 and making their own ideas that are like over-the-top things in that game.

Like the Kanye voice at the end of the Invasion match going "GAME OOOVEEEEEEEEERRRRR!" Thats awesome!

#4The_ShaderPosted 2/6/2011 7:51:31 AM
^ Exactly, the multiplayer mode is basically a bunch of Duke Nukem wanna-be's with one liners that are only half as good as the King's.

And half is plenty good enough to be VERY excellent and entertaining.

Side Note: Now i'm gonna go through ALL the character models to hear what they all have to say :D
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5Icuras08Posted 2/6/2011 8:45:56 AM
If they put domination lines on the multiplayer characters, then they would PERFECT.
That's why I'm anticipating a video showcasing all of Mr.Fords lines.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#6Brownprouder23Posted 2/6/2011 9:18:36 AM
" .
#7tconslayerPosted 2/6/2011 11:05:20 AM

Also something cool; each character model has a different voice, so there are alot of lines. One of my favorite was "You have been a good doctor"

#8TottentanzPosted 2/6/2011 11:14:27 AM
"System error, I suggest you press control, alt, delete."

Cyborgs are going to be fun to play. I am almost hoping they have some funny computer humor through out like referencing the red ring of death or the blue screen of death or perhaps even something about finding unlicensed articles downloaded and the system being wiped lol.

I just wish they had showcased any of the Jade Warrior lines. I got a Project Ziram vibe from that model and liked it. I hope it has some one liners that will make that model worth it.
#9RyokoWinsPosted 2/6/2011 11:16:44 AM
Anybody else think the human voice sounds like Hulk Hogan?
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#10TottentanzPosted 2/6/2011 11:20:00 AM
Sounds more like Nathon Explosion off of Deathclock to me.