It's too late, but a new online mode would be cool

#1psychobrewPosted 2/6/2011 9:24:39 PM

In the spirit of Mario Kart,every time someone dies, a coin (or whatever the currency is called) appears where they fall available for anyone to collect.Death causes you to lose all the coinsyou collected. For example, you make a kill and collect the coin. Someone then shoots you so you'd drop two coins. If you kill someone that collected 10 coins, they drop 11. Anybody can collect dropped coins and you keep any money you make which can be used in the games currency system (upgrades, etc.). The person with the most coins at the end of the game wins.

Perhaps in Conduit 3?

#2The_ShaderPosted 2/6/2011 9:47:34 PM
^ I see a seriously bad thing with this.

Lets see two people boosting, constantly killing eachother and taking the coins to make the amount of coins increase. Doing thus so for the entirety of the match, creating an insane pool of coins that shouldnt have happened in a single match.

I think Invasion mode has enough coins for us all.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3SmallerRidleyPosted 2/7/2011 7:34:26 AM
You already earn credits in the normal multiplayer modes.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#4psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2011 11:08:25 AM
I know, but it would just be fun to shoot people while trying to collect them. It would add a second pupose to the game and perhaps some craziness.
#5The_ShaderPosted 2/7/2011 11:16:53 AM
^ You say that... when theres already a ****load of different objective games already there...... why?
---
#6Turndawg107Posted 2/7/2011 12:09:41 PM
The TimeSplitters series had a mechanic known as Thief that played a little like what you described. The premise was that kills did not score any points for the player. However, every time someone got killed they'd drop a single coin, worth a point. It wasn't possible for one to lose coins, however.
#7RyokoWinsPosted 2/7/2011 12:33:42 PM
More objective modes never hurt anybody.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8The_ShaderPosted 2/7/2011 12:42:51 PM
^ Didnt Halo 2.... or maybe it was 3.... that had about 10 different types of king of the hill that were ACTUALLY THE SAME DAMN MODE???

.... Unique is good, powerful, awesome, and essential. If all the modes were variations of the same damn thing, it wouldnt be entertaining at all.
---
#9psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2011 1:03:34 PM

The_Shader posted...
^ You say that... when theres already a ****load of different objective games already there...... why?

Because I think it would be fun regardless of the other modes. I'm not complaining about what's been included if that's what you're alluding to.

#10ddd87Posted 2/7/2011 1:18:05 PM
Remove the part about keeping the money for the store and I like it. Its more like Super Smash Bros or even Metroid Prime 2, but they should try making something new.