The whole revival system doesn't sit well with me right now.

#1SmallerRidleyPosted 2/8/2011 7:04:58 PM
1. Do you get "kills" for putting them in "near death"? It's still possible to finish them off (double-tapping), but the "killed by" tag being displayed after you decide to respawn bothers me.

2. Can anybody revive, or only people with Field Medicine? This doesn't bother me as much, but if you don't get kills for "near death", pairs of snipers would be nigh untouchable if the rest of the team can keep them somewhat isolated. I'd just feel better if only certain players would be able to revive (and that would set up more strategic team games to "protect the doctor").

3. It seems like it takes way too much damage to finish somebody off. Again, it goes back to #1 and 2.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#2ChangliniPosted 2/8/2011 7:11:26 PM
There's this PC game with a very similar revive system...

I think it's Quake four but I really don't know for sure.
Anyways, in that game, you pretty much got the full point for downing a person once.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#3ddd87Posted 2/8/2011 7:26:17 PM
The skull and the other notifications (killing spree, headshot, etc) are displayed, so I assume these "kills" do count. Though I can't remember how it worked in Shared Stock.
#4ZenoExpert25Posted 2/8/2011 7:50:07 PM
Isnt there a medal for double tapping while their down you shot them again?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Gp8n5smFU&feature=related
The Best sig ever made
#5SmallerRidley(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 7:55:54 PM
Yes, there's a medal for double tapping.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6SupahShnipaPosted 2/8/2011 7:56:59 PM
I can see it now...

*Dies
Nothing I could do there, there's like 3 enemies on me. Lemme switch my Loadout to counter their Tactics...
*1 second left before respawn is available
*Gets revived in the line of fire
*Dies again

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#7Simok123Posted 2/8/2011 8:05:18 PM
I think I know how it works, you die and it says the person killed you, but you are laying on the ground to you can be revived. The only reason its there is to make it go faster so you dont need to respawn. Also, I think you can finish a downed enemy, but you dont get a kill for it as far as Ive seen. And I think anyone can revive and be revived, but feild metics can do it faster.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#8Icuras08Posted 2/8/2011 8:06:13 PM(edited)
If you think it's futile, you can always press the "Give up" button to automatically die.

The revive system is pretty much a chance to respawn closer to the match. If they kill your downed self, then that chance to spawn closer is gone.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#9Sanosuke_InaraPosted 2/8/2011 10:11:27 PM
At least it beats the hell out of Second Chance in terms of less noobiness.
---
"I don't think they will fix and put it back on the market by summer if they decide to released a more bugless version."--Summonearth.
#10Valdimir_DregaPosted 2/8/2011 11:03:41 PM
Keep in mind, it takes a while to revive someone, leaving your back exposed to enemy fire. It wouldn't be smart to revive someone unless you know the coast is clear. In the end, I'm pretty sure it all balances out.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.