Wondering how splitscreen profiles will work

#1tconslayerPosted 2/9/2011 5:18:17 AM

I'm wondering because I'll have a bunch of friends who want to play. I'm just thinking how will the profiles work will they create a saved profile, or have to use a default one or something. I'm kind of hoping it to be like xbox profiles.

#2Simok123Posted 2/9/2011 6:51:51 AM
I think it has player 1 as the profile, and the others as just player 2, 3, and 4. and they choose from your loadouts. I think thats how.
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#3slit_your_gutzPosted 2/9/2011 7:40:41 AM
I hope it's like Borderlands where everyone has their own character, but the option of loadouts would be a good addition for casual players.
#4TottentanzPosted 2/9/2011 11:02:03 AM
Best Scenario:

It would be like MHTri and one can put their data into their Wiimote and go to a friend's house and do the arena mode co-op offline and save the data on the Wiimote then transfer the data onto your character when you get back. I have never done this, but it is possible. As for load outs, based on this they would be your own personal items that you unlocked and setup for yourself.

Worst Scenario:

Split screen co-op, pvp, and what not will either only benefit the person who is hosting by giving him coin for online or the offline mode has its own bank system and upgrades will be purchased apart from the online items. Based on this one, the load outs will be based on what ever your friend sets up for you. Maybe we will be lucky and each player playing can choose a personal load out or more with a few based on the host's choice.

I believe a rep from HVS said that the points you earn in horde mode translates to points for leveling online, so I want to lean to the best scenario.
#5SmallerRidleyPosted 2/9/2011 12:25:02 PM(edited)
More games should use the Wiimote memory, otherwise there's no excuse for letting your batteries drain when you aren't using them.

But from what I've inferred from the videos, the players 2-4 can make their own loadouts under the player 1 name (so player 1 would have as many as 16 available slots, 4 per player). If not, the loadouts for 2-4 either reset for each sitting or remain over each account (so there's 3 accounts only for the splitscreen in addition to the 3 player 1 accounts).
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#6xXDa-KidXxPosted 2/9/2011 1:23:03 PM

The graphics take a dive during split screen...

#7ddd87Posted 2/9/2011 1:43:14 PM
I think they have to choose from your character avatars collection (four available), after that they can choose either upgrades and weapons you have unlocked.
#8Turndawg107Posted 2/10/2011 2:43:10 PM
If what I saw from the livestream was right, then the game also has the option to create a "custom loadout" that everyone uses when spawned. Apparently playing the game with this option on seems to also allow weapon sets to appear on the maps. If that is what said options are, then I will never bother with loadouts in splitscreen and just use weapon sets.
#9Simok123Posted 2/10/2011 4:03:01 PM
I think this video show it, skip to 5:40 btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yVXTDYxcdY
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#10RyuHolyPosted 2/15/2011 3:12:09 PM
iv updated Conduit 2 wikia with some new pics u probably saw them already or not