So im confused about the perks and how they factor into character customization

#1Neo-ganonPosted 2/12/2011 2:49:37 AM

It's been a while since ive read the interview, but didnt they say in an earlier interview that the perks would affect how your character looked in multiplayer? I cant say for sure, but i remember hearing that perks like "ammo belt" would add parts to your armor (for example: ammo belt adds a rambo-esque belt of bullets wrapped around your chest, while "heavy armor" makes your character look bulkier). Have they talked about this since? or did they decide to remove this from the game?

#2The_ShaderPosted 2/12/2011 5:19:57 PM
Since no talk of such a thing occurred recently at all. I'm assuming that the Upgrades have no such effect on the character model. Being that the customization to the characters is so diverse, its highly unlikely.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 5:23:13 PM

ahhhh. that is kind of a shame. It would significantly change online strategy if they included that. Like if i see a player who has the heavy armor equiped, i know to avoid him instead of rushing him for example. Or i know to stay out of reach of a player with a melle upgrade equiped (i remember HVS saying something about how it would be represented by a knife strapped to the players boot, or something)

#4SmallerRidleyPosted 2/12/2011 5:32:10 PM
Like the PR specialization gives you a lens attached to your head.

Then the second PR armor upgrade gives you another lens.

And the third one gives you a third lens.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#5The_ShaderPosted 2/12/2011 6:36:04 PM
^ Its like glueing pirates telescope to your head. Look! it can shrink and elongate for storing!
---
#6Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 8:11:08 PM

Or like, the stealth perk think straps a grappling hook to your belt or something

#7The_ShaderPosted 2/12/2011 8:48:19 PM
^ NONE OF THE UPGRADES DO THAT!

Character Customization and Upgrades are separately customized things! And the 'Longer Melee Reach' was never implied to add a knife to your armors boots. An old interview said that you'd get some sort of 'Knife strapped to your leg' piece for your armor customization for pre-ordering Conduit 2.
---
#8Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 11:30:03 PM

lol shader i thought we were speculating here

#9The_ShaderPosted 2/12/2011 11:40:31 PM
.... really dude?

You might as well speculate that Master Chief and Solid Snake will show up in the game because nobody in the interviews CLEARLY didnt say that they WONT show up at all. By your logic, thats evident enough that they MUST show up in the game!
---
#10Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2011 12:36:21 AM

...the hell did that come from?

In no way did i say ANYTHING that remotely implied that I thought that those characters were in the game. "speculating" = actual gameplay stuff, not whatever it is you are making up in your brain.