So im confused about the perks and how they factor into character customization

#11Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 2/13/2011 3:06:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that they do affect your character's appearance, since there was a podcast on Conduit Portal where someone asked whether certain combinations of perks would make your character look bad. And for the record, the boot knife thing was talked about in an interview (I think it was also with Keith Hladik) where he said you could choose between a radio and a boot knife as accessories. I don't remember anyone associating that with perks...
#12SmallerRidleyPosted 2/13/2011 8:46:43 AM
BotD is not in Shader's vernacular.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#13Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 2/13/2011 11:59:09 AM
Mine neither. Urban Dictionary claims it to be one of the following:
Breath of the Dying, a 6 socket melee weapon from Diablo II (I think, the definition is kind of confusing 0_o)

Benefit of the Doubt

Bi Orbital T****cular Disease: Something to do with the t****s and gamma radiation from Venus and Mars.

You were obviously talking about the third one.
#14SmallerRidleyPosted 2/13/2011 12:15:37 PM
He really needs to see a doctor.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#15The_ShaderPosted 2/13/2011 12:22:12 PM
I actually went to a doctors once, and ended up advising medication to him! .... i walked out of there feeling like i had 10 college years under my belt. Of course... that could have been the morphine talking... mmmm.

Joking aside, good speculation requires some info. Speculating by memory, isnt exactly a good method.

-----IMPORTANT-----

First evidence that Upgrades DONT mess with appearance... Recent gameplay videos showed models being customized, THEN upgrades added, and then no change is shown afterwards to the characters themselves.

-----END OF THE IMPORTANT STUFF-----
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#16ChangliniPosted 2/13/2011 2:20:45 PM
Hmm...

Well, that will contradict that Head Shot reduction upgrade's description.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#17tconslayerPosted 2/14/2011 4:30:57 PM

Shader is right, in campaign though the better armor you have the better perks can be used. Otherwise no they are completely different.

#18ReedeemerPosted 2/16/2011 8:25:14 PM
o.O i think we're better off discovering everything once the game comes out :P tbh I get more confused every time i read about the game features on these boards
---
Wii: 3243-5366-6626-7303 ::: PSN: Zetro-X
--LittleBigPlanet 2--lbp.me/u/Zetro-X
#1914monkeyPosted 2/16/2011 8:37:02 PM

The_Shader posted...
^ NONE OF THE UPGRADES DO THAT!

Character Customization and Upgrades are separately customized things! And the 'Longer Melee Reach' was never implied to add a knife to your armors boots. An old interview said that you'd get some sort of 'Knife strapped to your leg' piece for your armor customization for pre-ordering Conduit 2.
---

if you preorder the conduit 2 you get golden destroyer armor i didn't hear anything about a knife on your leg

#20The_ShaderPosted 2/16/2011 8:58:22 PM
^ .... Do i really have to explain this?

Ok, when Conduit 2 was getting its first interviews, people would ask Eric if there'll be a Limited Edition Conduit 2, and what kinda pre-order bonus's would the pre-order have.

Eric talked about what they'd give out an such and said that SOMETHING along the lines of a Knife on the leg. Just so that other players online would know "Hey! that guy has the limited edition!".

That was MONTHS and MONTHS ago. Way before Destroyer Armor was revealed to the public.
---