Arcade Mode and Time-Trial Mode would be a nice addition

#1naruto3336Posted 2/12/2011 9:04:07 AM

I am not saying this must absolutely make it in to the game, but since they are spending so much time polishing the game they might as well should add these couple modes. I mean how long would it actually take to implement these small features?

There are more achievements that could be added because of these two modes and just add to the experience.

What do you guys think of these additions? Yay or Nay?

#2Korby9000Posted 2/12/2011 9:09:49 AM
Would you like to explain what exactly you're referring to?

Assuming Time Trial is supposed to be for Campaign, that's utterly pointless. Those who try to speedrun this kinda thing don't need a "time trial" mode for it, and everyone else isn't going to care at all.

I have no idea what you mean by 'arcade' mode, so I'll assume you mean ripping off Timesplitters 2. The Arcade Challenges in that game sucked. So yeah, no reason to put that in...
---
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949
#3Icuras08Posted 2/12/2011 9:21:34 AM
Speaking of time splitters 2, they should add Firetag. That was my favorite mode back in the day.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#4ChangliniPosted 2/12/2011 12:15:36 PM
Meh, I liked the arcade challenges in that game, forced me to get creative in order to get gold.

Now, Bags o' fun is another story.
___

Why not do what TS 2 and GE did and make harder difficulty add more objectives?
Heck, throw in a little story progression resulted by completing each difficulty too like in that GBA Astro boy game.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#5The_ShaderPosted 2/12/2011 5:34:36 PM
Invasion Mode = Arcade Mode & Time-Trial
See how long you can last solo. Use the money you collected to use in your Online profile. Much better than good enough.

Depending on what could be unlocked, how long the Campaign is, and what could be rewarded.... Unlockable, harder difficulties should be added.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2011 2:23:02 PM

I meant an Arcade Mode as in the arcade mode in Modern Warfare Reflex. You play the same campaign missions but you get points for getting kills, and extra points for headshots and decaptitations and things like that. I would like a neat bonus like that. Gives you an incentive to play the same mission with a different objective.

Oh and I meant for both these modes to apply to single-player campaign missions.