Do you prefer the new of old...

#11Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2011 2:43:05 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised the old conduits are so preferred.
I mean, colour difference aside, the new ones look much more like an actual energy portal instead of just a 2D sprite, at least that's how I see it. (I mean the in-game ones, as seen in the China mission walkthrough)
#12The_ShaderPosted 2/16/2011 2:55:00 PM
@ddd87
The Hive Cannon shot for shot, it used up ammo quicker the more spread and speed you gave it. What you said made no sense. Whatever the case, the Honey Glob is an equal trade for it. So they're both fine. Not a whole lot of difference between the two besides those two functions.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#13Simok123Posted 2/16/2011 3:11:39 PM
well somethings like conduits and voices and drones, dont forget the drones, just dont seem right to change when they are a big thing. It seems like something that shouldnt have been changed because...it jsut does seem right, but I still understand voices were an issue.

Conduits: although the new ones are cooler, like I said it does feel all that right so... BOTH
Voices: I liked the old ones, but the new place of humor does seem nice, but still doesnt seem right with the first one being nothing like it, but I guess Ill just say OLD but the new ones are ok, chessy, but ok
SCAR: OLD but I dont mind that much
Hive Cannon: NEW easily

and drones were easy, I <3 OLD drones!
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#14ddd87Posted 2/16/2011 3:15:34 PM
The hive cannon in TCon is like a fast automatic shotgun, firing SEVERAL small bugs per shot. Thats why it was possible to adjust the spread of the shots and the ROF.
The new hive cannon fires ONE single larger bug per shot, so there is no way to change the spread of it because it doesn't have any.
#15Icuras08Posted 2/16/2011 3:38:20 PM
-Conduits? NEW. They looks pretty shiny and not annoying now.
-Voices? NEW. Mr.Fords old voice sound too crickety and emotionless.
-SCAR? NEW. It always comes out in every multiplayer video. Show me a new gun.
-Hive Cannon? NEW. Replayed Conduit again and found out it was one of the weakest guns
-Health bar? I can't tell the difference.
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#16RyokoWinsPosted 2/16/2011 8:47:50 PM
Conduits: INDIFFERENT
Voices: OLD...but Ford's voice is growing on me
SCAR: NEW
Hive cannon: NEW
Health: INDIFFERENT
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#17_Azeal_Posted 2/17/2011 5:46:20 AM
@Icuras

In single player, the Hive Cannon was amazingly powerful. It could kill those big drudge guys faster than any other weapon. They nerfed it big time for online, which was a mistake.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
Dead Sexy (DS)Blue Steel,GE007 FC: 5165-5594-7659
#18Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2011 7:27:39 AM
Conduits: NEW. As I said, they look more like energy and less like a sprite.
Voices: TIE. The newer ones have more pizaz, but aren't as polished.
SCAR: NEW. I hate burst fire weapons
Hive cannon: NEW. The secondary fire's an awesome.
Health: OLD. I like seeing a precise indicator of how much health I have.
#19The_ShaderPosted 2/17/2011 2:14:17 PM
Also, the Weapon Sets were VERY UNBALANCED. No matter what Weapon Set you picked that had the Hive Cannon in it, there was already quite a few weapons in that set that would overtake what the Hive Cannon was good at. Which was close to medium firefights.

Because of the wasps it fired actually exploded upon impact of the ground or anything, twisting the Hive Cannon to its full spread and firing rate at close range was absolutely devastating. And you could still accurately pick off people at medium ranges if you keep the wiimote steady horizontally.

Why was the Hive Cannon a 'not as good' weapon then the rest? Because the Weapon Sets HVS made were unbalanced.

New Hive Cannon? its close range ability is COMPLETELY nerfed, and it has a slow moving glob that can make all wasps you fire 100% accurate.

The new Hive Cannon has been made into a more 'Medium" range weapon... Kinda sucks... but... oh well.

Side Note: i love Burst and Semi-Auto weapons, which is why i probably will use the Strike Rifle over the SCAR now. But i'll be using the Hive Cannon over the Striker every time.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#20DragonlordHaar8Posted 2/24/2011 1:11:21 AM
The old game looks better, it looks like they tried to COD this one up a bit. The health regen in the first was very slow as well, so death was still something to worry about.
---
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587