One liners

#21elheberPosted 3/13/2011 5:24:37 PM
Human Grunt: Dammit GŁnter, flippin' tables over ain't gonna save you from his TPC Launcher!

Andromeda (to Prometheus): He's a "shoots first, asks questions later" kind of guy, isn't he?
Ford: You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ford (over the enemy base intercom): To anyone who may be listening, this is just a heads-up... I found something called a "Dark Star". It's really good at killing. So, uh... good luck.

Enemy Sniper: Holy crap, he saw me!

Prometheus (as a giant boss appears): Michael, do you remember the time I said a hasty retreat was the best option and were almost blown to bits because you just continued firing? This situation is even worse.
Ford: My memory must be failing me... (cocks gun) 'Cause I'm doing it again.

Human Grunt: For the love of God, GŁnter, stop shooting at the drudge! Ford is here!

Adams: You're very persistent, Mr. Ford. But I'm afraid your efforts end here with the Kakrinos! (opens a huge gate and nothing comes out)
Ford: You mean the giant alien crab thing? I killed it downstairs a while ago.
Adams: ****!
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#22gr295Posted 3/13/2011 6:26:59 PM

^ You have the best one liners, I have a question. Everyone calls you elheber, and that's what is says out on the main board, but in topics, your name is GucciHobo. Am I losing it?

#23SmallerRidleyPosted 3/13/2011 6:36:24 PM
You're on the wrong website, probably.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#24elheberPosted 3/13/2011 6:45:36 PM

^ You have the best one liners, I have a question. Everyone calls you elheber, and that's what is says out on the main board, but in topics, your name is GucciHobo. Am I losing it?

I had a GameFAQs account and a GameSpot account before the sites merged, both by the name "elheber". I wasn't allowed to merge the accounts and was forced to choose a new name for GameFAQs. I now have GucciHobo on GFAQs that displays as "elheber" for GFAQs board member but displays as "GucciHobo" for GS board members, and elheber on GS displays as "elheber" to GS board members (though I don't remember how it displays here... I'll check).
---
#25GucciHoboPosted 3/13/2011 6:47:26 PM

This is my GS elheber account. GS users see both of my accounts with the same avatar too.

#26elheberPosted 3/13/2011 6:51:21 PM

Sorry, no... that was my GameFAQs elheber user account that was signed in on and posted from GameSpot. This is my elheber account and posting on GameSpot. I guess I still haven't set my avatar yet.

#27GucciHoboPosted 3/13/2011 7:10:12 PM
And this is my GS elheber account signed in on GameFAQs and posted on GameFAQs. I'm not allowed to edit my GS elheber post from GS on GFAQs..
#28gr295Posted 3/13/2011 7:25:07 PM

Ok, I understand. Am I like the only one here that uses Gamespot instead of GFaqs?

#29elheberPosted 3/13/2011 7:41:24 PM
You may be. IMHO the GameFAQs message board system is better in almost every way except avatars.

In case any of my above posts get deleted (I don't know what TOS rules were broken by posting with "alt" accounts), I want to have a record of how this works:

elheber (GS) account posts posted from GS are seen as "elheber" on GS forums and "elheber" on GF forums.
elheber (GS) account posts posted from GF are seen as "elheber" on GS forums and "GucciHobo" on GF forums.
GucciHobo (GF, originally elheber) account posts posted from GS are seen as "GucciHobo" on GS forums and "GucciHobo" on GF forums.
GucciHobo (GF, originally elheber) account posts posted from GF are seen as "GucciHobo" on GS forums and "elheber" on GF forums.

Ford: He's gonna feel that in the morning.
Prometheus: He's dead, Michael. That shot killed him. He can't feel anything.
Ford: (facepalm)
---