Might be a dumb question, but..

#11shotokanjavPosted 2/28/2011 10:05:31 PM
Con 2 comes April....and Battlefield 3 comes late in the year. Not that big of a dilemma to get both, as I am doing, especially as they will be on different platforms.
---
PS3: Third-Drifter
Wii PES 2011: 4040 2669 3725
#12xXDa-KidXxPosted 2/28/2011 11:05:28 PM

The_Shader posted...
^ Not even close....

HVS created the engine, wii fans starved of shooters clammered to HVS once they let the public know they were making a shooter. E3 made Conduit look good. Conduit then was followed by ALOT of people hyped up for the game, HVS then started listening to what the fans were saying.

They then listened ALOT more after the games release. But they listened more to reviews.

Did you read my post? It wasn't on the history of why conduit was made, it was about how they listened to fans of Conduit to make a better game for everyone, damn. Your kinda obsessed with the game, its not bad.. it just makes you annoying >_> no offence.

#13The_ShaderPosted 3/1/2011 12:49:11 AM
Then dont say "So in a way, we created the game, they manufactered it." Because a game created entirely by 'fans' would suck, ALOT, no matter what game it is. When 'fans' create a game, it no longer becomes the developers game but the fans. Thats bad.

And i'm not obsessed with anything, if i were, i would have preordered this game already. But because of delays, and the 3DS, i'm very conflicted on what i should do with my money. Honestly, seeing as how some people are saying gamestop is not doing pre-orders anymore, i think i'll just put $5 on this, and focus on the 3DS when it comes out.

fans are ok to get ideas from, figure out what was right and wrong with a game, from then on its the developer alone who calls the shots.

((After all, if they took what the fans have asked for, we'd have **** like 'laser scythes' and 'swords' in this game. Search all the topics and you'll see what i'm talking about.))
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#14xXDa-KidXxPosted 3/1/2011 2:27:12 AM

Ok man. A flaming lazer crystal sword would be nice to :P

#15LigersRulePosted 3/1/2011 6:36:01 AM
On the other hand, though, Shader.... We would have a Taco shooter.....
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#16Valdimir_DregaPosted 3/1/2011 9:11:35 AM
HVS, is a company of professional game developers. They have the discretion and final say on all of the fan suggestions. However, without fan suggestions, we wouldn't have: a revive system, playable female characters, secondary fire options, John St. John as Ford, a rival system, environmental hazards in multiplayer, medals, and probably a few others. I personally suggested and rallied support for 4 of the above suggestions.

In addition the delays aren't necessarily bad things. HVS used the delayed time not only to polish the game, but to fill some last minute requests as well. Remember when Josh Olsen, a producer of the game, flat out told fans "no" to playable female characters in an interview? The extra time allowed HVS to ultimately put them in, a feature that will make my better half 10x more willing to play the game with me.

Conduit 2 probably won't have the best first week sales because of the 3DS and it's launch titles, but I believe that it will gain momentum over time, and an even bigger following for the 3rd go-round.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#17USPmastaPosted 3/1/2011 9:43:10 AM
Hey xXDa_KidXx, having four x's in your name makes YOU annoying. TCon was in no way made by fans, like at all. We're not even seeing Daos in Conduit 2. If a game were made purely by fans, then the scenario that Shader described would happen.
---
Daos for Con2 currency supporter! Touch the masters bass, lose an arm meatbag.
Beatles are the BEST band ever.
#18HVSTony(VIP)Posted 3/1/2011 10:34:27 AM
Totally different games.

But I, at least, being the BF fan that I am are going to have that game preordered the second I can on Steam!

It doesnt come out till WAY later this year anyway.
#19xXDa-KidXxPosted 3/2/2011 12:07:30 AM

USPmasta posted...
Hey xXDa_KidXx, having four x's in your name makes YOU annoying. TCon was in no way made by fans, like at all. We're not even seeing Daos in Conduit 2. If a game were made purely by fans, then the scenario that Shader described would happen.

If you didin't know, that post was "so to speak"

SO TO SPEAK (adverb)
The adverb SO TO SPEAK has 2 senses:

1. as if it were really so
2. in a manner of speaking

Not litteral geez

#20The_ShaderPosted 3/2/2011 1:17:00 AM
^ Nobody knew, you said "In a way" as in "this is true IN A WAY"

which doesnt apply, and/or what your said is entirely false.

Conduit series = Developed by HVS, the awesome people who work there

/argument
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"