New Conduit 3DS News

#1elheberPosted 3/3/2011 2:17:48 AM
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/25572
An excerpt:

What I saw consisted of a tech demo where the developers ported the Conduit 2 engine and assets over from Wii to 3DS. Several environments were available, and they looked very nearly like their Conduit 2 counterparts (more on Conduit 2 to come). Already, everything was running smoothly and with great detail, and with good 3D depth.

The article says the demo controlled sort of like Metroid Prime Hunters did, using the Stylus to aim. I don't know if I'd want a straight-up FPS game, though. But if it was, I wouldn't want the standard FPS controls. Instead, I'd prefer L/R to turn left/right while soft-locking the aim. Then L+R together could manually aim with the Analog if you wanted to get precise.

I wouldn't mind a change in genre either, like Killzone Liberation did for Killzone.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#2ChangliniPosted 3/3/2011 3:30:14 AM
Well, if they keep the customizable controls, you can count on what you want.

Anyways, HVS is starting to remind me of Reflections with trying to push the limits of the handheld version of their games.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#3ddd87Posted 3/3/2011 5:05:23 AM
Well, the article says the controls are not definitive. Why not using the slide pad to aim and the ABXY buttons to move?

You know. Since that game is still very early in developers... We could start sending suggestions and feedback NOW... Maybe they will be able to put some features that weren't possible in C2.
#4elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 5:43:33 AM
Well, if they keep the customizable controls, you can count on what you want.

Do you remember the old Doom games? You can't shoot up or down manually, but the game automatically shoots up/down for you, so long as you're aiming in their general direction. I'd like the C3D to do something like this, so that your crosshairs automatically aim so long as you are aiming at an enemy horizontally. This way, all 4 face buttons are available for actions. Normally, like on the PSP, you aim with the face buttons, so you only have 2 shoulder buttons available for actions.

But this kind of thing isn't something the player can do himself by remapping buttons. HVS would need to have a specific option for this.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#5SupahShnipaPosted 3/3/2011 7:41:23 PM
Gimme mah Conduit Wars. RTS FTW!
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
Black Ops Screen Name - iG-Pur3 Aw3
#6bladester15Posted 3/3/2011 7:45:37 PM
"Gimme mah Conduit Wars. RTS FTW!"
YES, i think a Conduit RTS would be awesome.
---
Country+rap=crap.
Music is like candy...You have to throw the rappers away before you can enjoy it.
#7USPmastaPosted 3/3/2011 7:58:41 PM
It'd have to be a pretty epic RTS to get my money. I play starcraft like everyday, so i have standards. Halo wars was a let down, I dont want to see conduit wars be like that.
---
Daos for Con2 currency supporter! Touch the masters bass, lose an arm meatbag.
Beatles are the BEST band ever.
#8ReedeemerPosted 3/4/2011 6:42:05 PM
Dude this is just a quick port to get an idea of how the game would run. Seeing all the customization HVS offers, the last thing we should worry about are controls.
---
Wii: 3243-5366-6626-7303 ::: PSN: Zetro-X
--LittleBigPlanet 2--lbp.me/u/Zetro-X
#9ddd87Posted 3/5/2011 8:14:07 AM
There is a supposed picture of C2 running on 3ds, that has been recently posted on gamepro and on the portal.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/218416/gdc-conduit-2-runs-on-3ds/

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/8461-218416-1.jpg?rand=207F1D85-E200-5F1E-1E06FFCC335B201A

Im saying this before any more people gets confused:

THAT IS NOT A SCREENSHOT OF THE 3DS DEMO!!!

...While he shot up "jade guardian" enemies and talked about multiplayer, I played the same China level on the 3DS -- sans enemies, because it was merely a tech demo, not a game.