I really hope they make the ranking system easier to understand

#11Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2011 2:13:32 PM

The_Shader posted...
Like i said, the more stuff is on the rank symbol, the higher it is.

Even if they closely resemble eachother, if one had another line, circle, dot, or any sort of shape in it that the other DIDNT have, then its a higher rank.

And by standard logic...
Copper < Silver < Gold < Anything unique and completely different symbol.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqRKVtQsVJ0

Despite how HVS made the ranking system for people with a brain in The Conduit, they changed the ranking system in Conduit 2 for people without common sense.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"

well to me, it would be more common sense to have a ranking system thats easier to understand and tell apart from others, but i guess thats just the sad miserable world that you live in shader.

#12SupahShnipaPosted 3/5/2011 3:44:16 PM
Around the midpoint of the ranks in the first one, the emblem looked good. After that there was just too much on it and it looked horrible. The ranks look much better this time around.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
Black Ops Screen Name - iG-Pur3 Aw3
#13DivinityStripesPosted 3/5/2011 4:25:18 PM
You know, I thought The Conduit ranking system was pretty obvious. >_> The very first time I got on the Multiplayer, I immediately knew that the guy with a goldeneye was higher ranked than me, an ugly brown triangle wire-frame. Of course, I didn't know how much higher he was in the ranking system, so I see your point that there needs to be some clarification.
---
Why? Because.
#14The_ShaderPosted 3/5/2011 4:51:33 PM
Ah ... ^ This guy i guess explained what Neo-Ganon meant.

Yeah from the start you could tell the difference between someone ranks higher or not, but by HOW much you didnt know.

.... Well, even if a number would help this out, i wouldnt trade out the symbols for the numbers which is what looks like HVS did.

@tconslayer

There probably wont be any kind of Prestige thing in this. As i recall, the wiki stated the number of ranks a player can achieve. Which is 26 or so...
---
#15SupahShnipaPosted 3/5/2011 7:36:24 PM
Honestly, I would just like a small number somewhere on it and have custom emblems. When you level up you unlock more backgrounds, shapes, etc.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
Black Ops Screen Name - iG-Pur3 Aw3
#16The_ShaderPosted 3/5/2011 8:06:49 PM
Well whenever you checked your personal profile status, it showed your rank number.
---
#17Sudsy86_Posted 3/6/2011 4:38:42 PM

I never had a problem last time. Once I saw a silver emblem, I knew there was a gold one. And once I saw abronze ASE, I knew there was a silver, gold one, etc. Plus, I always felt the emblems, by themselves, emphasized the differences. When there are numbers, I'm inclined to think, "oh. it's just a matter of time before I reach thathigher number..."Whereas, when I saw ppl with gold ranks when I was still silver, I felt motivated just because their icon was badder then everyone else's.

That was one of the small, cool things that made me love tcon that are being compromised for perceived marketability...