who here ISNT joining any clans?

#21CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/6/2011 1:40:16 PM
That is what a Good clan will do, and more.
#22SupahShnipaPosted 3/6/2011 2:28:40 PM
That is what a Good clan will do, and more.
The whole aspect of a Clan is to play competitive, if you're not doing that then why even call yourself a "Clan"? Just be a group of friends that plays together.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
Black Ops Screen Name - iG-Pur3 Aw3
#23CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/6/2011 3:03:34 PM(edited)
A well organized clan does all of that.

A clan is a way for a group of people to organize battles between each other and other groups. If you're just a group of friends w/o a name, thats fine. but its functionally the same thing.

Forming a clan adds an additional dynamic. You have a group goal, and you craft a rewarding experience for the members as a whole.
Being part of a good clan is a TON of fun that overlaps with the fun that already exists in playing the game.
#24Chief_ChillyPosted 3/6/2011 4:39:50 PM
Nope, I despise clans with a fiery passion.
---
You're an apple!
#25LigersRulePosted 3/6/2011 4:40:57 PM
We should seriously form a BAP-type-community. Not a clan, a large group of acquaintances that happen to like playing together, maybe with an organized site for communicating and organizing games.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#26Aile_WingPosted 3/6/2011 4:50:46 PM
Changlini:
Oh, well that was, if I can recall correctly, my way of combining both of the suggested names for that server( El Nido to El Niņo and Nidorino = Niņorino).

But, I can change it if you want.

You don't have to change it. I was simply suggesting it since Nidorino works, and Nidorino is the name of a Pokemon.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#27Sudsy86_Posted 3/6/2011 5:22:25 PM

Aile_Wing posted...
I don't like to be associated with other players, so I'm not joining a clan.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)

That's my mindset as well.

#28CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/6/2011 5:34:40 PM
"We should seriously form a BAP-type-community. Not a clan, a large group of acquaintances that happen to like playing together, maybe with an organized site for communicating and organizing games."

I really think this could be accomplished just as well without saying "but not a clan".
But, how would it be organized exactly?

If there's more than 7 people, there needs to be some sort of infrastructure for there to be an organization of the whole.
#29Sudsy86_Posted 3/6/2011 5:47:06 PM

CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
"We should seriously form a BAP-type-community. Not a clan, a large group of acquaintances that happen to like playing together, maybe with an organized site for communicating and organizing games."

I really think this could be accomplished just as well without saying "but not a clan".
But, how would it be organized exactly?

If there's more than 7 people, there needs to be some sort of infrastructure for there to be an organization of the whole.

There was, in BAP. There was Blaeu; then Warr and Ryudo; then guys like Punch, his friends, and the other guys who made up PU; then floaters like me. That was the hierarchy--which is enough to keep a "for fun" thing going.

#30gr295Posted 3/7/2011 8:02:39 PM

Meesa. I always hated clans. I just don't understand the point. I would rather play with friends, but just play. None of this "you're this rank" crap.