Why snipers/campers ruin the fun

#1Phasmatis92Posted 3/9/2011 12:27:37 PM
While this is an interview about another game, Brink, it sums it up perfectly at 2:16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05auA-hwGUE&feature=player_embedded#at=256

That one camping/sniping pu$$y is having fun, sure, but he's making 10 other people miserable, and that's just an unfair ratio.

The "warning" given to the target when the Phase Rifle dials them in should help make sure this problem doesn't plague Conduit 2; let's just hope the Noobtube and scoped SCAR/Strike Rifle don't fill the void. It's unfortunate that there will still be one-hit-kill weapons, the idea of a multiplayer FPS with none sounds awesome.
#2The_ShaderPosted 3/9/2011 12:39:14 PM
One hit kills are so satisfying though.... make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Stealth makes it so your character cant be Phase tuned at all.

And theres a perk in the Secondary Upgrade C category that makes it so your Phase tuning WONT set off a warning to the enemy target.

... Still dont know how the Phase Rifle is gonna be in the Multiplayer.... is it a 100% one hit kill? unlikely, and in the campaign, when you phase tune, your centered to the enemys torso, and aiming at the head will bring you out of your 'phase tuning box' making you unable to shoot through the wall, thus no headshot multiplier.

... too many unknowns for me to judge anything yet.....
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#3Brownprouder23Posted 3/9/2011 12:51:43 PM
I like the way that guy thinks. However, since he is a spokesperson for the game, it doesn't surprise me that he's making the game sound way too good to be true. He's pulling a Nofsinger.

Still, that Brink game looks pretty fun but I'll pass for Conduit 2. I don't wanna give up too much of my free time.
#4xXDa-KidXxPosted 3/9/2011 12:52:30 PM

I never had a problem with snipers in any fps, i always seem to find them. Once you know all the good sniping places on the maps, you should be fine snuffing them out.

#5Brownprouder23Posted 3/9/2011 12:55:08 PM
^Except for when they are really good quickscopers like in Black Ops. I've been noticing the increasingly higher amount of people quickscoping from shotgun distance basically outclassing any other weapon. It's unfair and unbalanced that I have to hit him 4-6 times with my M16 when all they need is just 1 hit to my head or torso to kill me.
#6The_ShaderPosted 3/9/2011 1:10:07 PM
^ Then play hardcore, every weapon one hit kills then. Or be more tactical, toss your tacts before going somewhere, theres multiple solutions to fighting people that can out gun you in CQC..... WITHOUT using explosives.
---
#7bladester15Posted 3/9/2011 1:35:14 PM
^^OR you could use tac mask pro, and scavenger pro and spam flash nades like crazy.
---
Country+rap=crap.
Music is like candy...You have to throw the rappers away before you can enjoy it.
#8The_ShaderPosted 3/9/2011 1:42:55 PM
I use Warlord Pro for the multiple flashes, and Tac Mask Pro is so much fun... you can throw any sort of tact ((except smoke and decoy)) into a room and dash in there with it, and be the only one that wasnt seriously stunned/blinded/gassed by it!

But yeah, i love tactical mask pro... if only it wasnt a ****ing pain in the ass to ****ing get... which is why i havent bothered getting it for like 6 prestiges....

But yeah, another decent counter for those Snipers you like to treat their weapons like every other rifle in the game. Conduit 2's Phase Rifle doesnt work that way as seen from the gameplay... so you wont be able to use it in CQC like people did in Modern Warfare 2.
---
#9Simok123Posted 3/9/2011 4:09:23 PM
campers are stupid, but snipers and campers arent the same thing. Snipers Are basicly just killing people from far away. Campers just hide behind a corner the whole match. Although Im a sniper, I dont stay in the same spot and wait for someone for a long time. Ill stay in a sniper spot for a while if I know they are coming, but most the time, I move around with snipers and dont stay in the same spot the whole time, thats just boring
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!
#10Simok123Posted 3/9/2011 4:15:58 PM
and by the way, one hit kills are actually really fun. I know it can be annoying, but if the one hit kill actually take skill like the strike rifle or scar, its not much a problem
---
CONDUIT MASTA!, GOLDENEYE SLAYA!, AND BLACK OPS PLAYA!