Multiplayer Basics (Split Screen and Online)

#41ddd87Posted 3/15/2011 4:30:56 PM
They are called rules in the game screens. And the custom match works by choosing the game type (FFA, TD, or TO) then the rules (Bounty hunter, power surge, anexation, etc) then the rule settings (life or time limits) and then the global settings (health, gravity, others).
No matter how much you customize the match, they are still following one of the 14 basic rules. So you go into a Team Deathmatch, chooses Shared Stock, and the other settings.

I can guess some of them, but I do some edits in the wiki, so I dont want to put guesses as info, so I would like to know well.
#42The_ShaderPosted 3/15/2011 4:33:37 PM
So there you have it, every type of game mode is in splitscreen.

Kinda odd to think that there'd be capture the flag in 4 player splitscreen... annexation too....
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#43ddd87Posted 3/15/2011 5:04:27 PM
It wouldn't be too strange to think so, even in a 1 vs 1 match the basic rules should work anyway. The fact that the other two types (TD and TO) werent unavailable at the splitscreen demos could mean they can be used.

Ps: It seems I will have to check the four hours of the dtoid footage to see if I find something.
#44ERNIEISCOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2011 7:00:21 PM
SO, now that the basics are covered, this game sound pretty awesome. The first one could have been a little better. Or they could havetaken a shorter time making the second one. It was almost like a two year clifthanger.
#45The_ShaderPosted 3/16/2011 7:40:47 PM
^ Impossible for the first one to be any better.

Theres a **** load of reasons WHY that is... but the most important one was that they were developing the game engine side by side with the game. Quantam 3 was since been finished, and after The Conduit released, the engine has greatly improved.
---
#46Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/16/2011 11:15:40 PM
It could have been better... If it had released a year later. They've said that they're still making improvements to the Quantum 3 engine (which I'd imagine the would be, because they can probably always optimize even a tiny bit more), so like Shader said, they would have needed to finish more of the engine development before attacking the other problems. Which is pretty much what they did with this game. So C2 is kind of like "what The Conduit might have been".
#47ERNIEISCOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2011 5:33:00 PM
So you guys pretty much think this is a enhanced versoin of the first Conduit. I dont think so, but I agree the first one was too bad.
#48The_ShaderPosted 3/17/2011 5:54:26 PM
^ If you have been following The Conduit and Conduit 2 like us, you'd be saying different.

The Conduit was an excellent experience for what it was, and little developement time it had. Different weapons, unique maps, and very customizable Wiimote controls. Very good.

Conduit 2 is more of the same, with new weapons that are more like 'proper' weapons instead new. Seeing as how theres a designated 'sniper' now, the two assault rifles in the game are no longer necessary for sniping. The graphics are more refined, enemy is smarter, and the online is so polished...

it basically is "The Conduit" polished and made into what it was supposed to be. ((Except, since The Conduit came out anyways, HVS is making use of its story, and is gonna move forward from it.))
---
#49ERNIEISCOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2011 6:02:35 PM
I actually have been following the game, but Im saying that the gameplay should be the same, or better, and than many of you guys say that the first one stunk. I thought it was better than most games, its even in my favorites.