a few questions about this game..

#11henrythefish96Posted 3/13/2011 2:26:26 PM
I have read it >__>
---
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Mark Twain
#12brainfreeze10Posted 3/13/2011 4:46:09 PM
Why are people on this board always attacked for asking simple questions? The games not out yet and there isn't a lot to talk about, they're keeping the board alive. It takes 10 seconds to answer their question anyway, or you could just ignore it if it's really such an issue. Discussing this game is the whole point of this board...
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#13SmallerRidleyPosted 3/13/2011 4:51:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14henrythefish96Posted 3/13/2011 6:43:29 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
Exactly, the point of the board is discussing the game. NOT answering the same question every week. The sticky exists to answer simple questions, and the Answers section is for other questions. Nobody gives a **** if the board is kept alive, and even if they did, these topics aren't doing it. If anything, they drive regulars away.

Stop being a hipster.

Then don't answer them?

You need to take a chill pill *puts on shades*
---
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Mark Twain
#15brainfreeze10Posted 3/14/2011 11:42:09 AM
I'm not being a hipster, I'm being a nice person, why is that so complicated? IF you don't care about the board anyway, leave. The sticky doesn't answer everything and nobody pays attention to the Answers section. It's quicker to ask here and maybe it can provoke actual discussion and that's what they want. Not everybody keeps as up to date with the game as me and you and other people shouldn't be attacked for that.

Here's a simple rule from now on: If you don't like the topic, DON'T POST IN IT.
---
#16SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 1:16:44 PM
It's their problem if nobody looks at the Answers section. Just because nobody uses it doesn't mean that it's fine and dandy to circumvent it.

Why don't you understand that the sticky exists to deter these topics? Why the hell do you need to justify it? If there's a simple question that isn't answered in the sticky, it's probably too simple. If it's a complex question that may actually require some explanation, then a topic is fine because it might actually stir up discussion. "Is this game like halo?" has shown up too many times to be a relevant question.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#17brainfreeze10Posted 3/14/2011 1:34:12 PM
He doesn't know it's shown up too many times and he obviously wanted to discuss. You don't have to discuss it with him, but I would have loved to before he got attacked. Again, I can understand that the sticky is supposed to cover these things but you don't own the board and you should be understanding of people who want to discuss different things besides what you want to.
---
#18SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 1:45:24 PM
So it's acceptable for anybody to post "What is this game?" topics.
---
#19brainfreeze10Posted 3/14/2011 2:07:20 PM
Entirely. It wastes something like half a second to read the title and move on, and quite a bit more arguing about why they should be condemned for it. I'm not saying it shouldn't annoy you, just that you don't need to make the TC feel scared to post something that he wants to talk about.
---
#20SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 2:31:35 PM
Fantastic. Next, you should try preaching to an audience that needs advice.
---