Does the Aegis Device have infinite ammo on it's energy shot?

#11henrythefish96(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2011 7:51:51 PM
The_Shader posted...
..... why is there so many of these topics??? these topics that dont even have to be made if people just LOOKED at the sticky!!! granted it does need to be updated, but even then, you can just look at the Conduit Wiki!!!!

Aegis Device- By charging this weapon you can create a temporary shield that will cause incoming bullets, rockets, and grenades to float in front of you. You can then send these back at your target. It will only take so much damage before the shield powers down. Using the shield will drain power.

^^^ That is what it says on the sticky absolutely nothing about the regular shot
---
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Mark Twain
#12SmallerRidleyPosted 3/13/2011 8:45:44 PM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/57697490

whee~

EDIT: I'll probably restart that series when we get a little closer to release.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#13The_ShaderPosted 3/13/2011 8:19:31 PM
Thats why i talked about the CONDUIT... WIKI....

..... Aegis Device broken? i say your ability to know when a weapon is broke is broken.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#14SmallerRidleyPosted 3/13/2011 8:20:45 PM
Also, the shield takes a good amount of time to fully form and block bullets, so if you can manage to survive/avoid the first shot or catch them uncharged you can probably put them down with a grenade or powerful shot. Those tiny energy bullets move slow and are really weak. Nothing more than cleanup shots.
---
#15ddd87Posted 3/14/2011 3:21:32 AM
I don't think it can even do a charge shot by itself, it seems it relies completely on catched projectiles to do moderated damage.
#16The_ShaderPosted 3/14/2011 9:08:49 AM
ddd87 posted...
I don't think it can even do a charge shot by itself, it seems it relies completely on catched projectiles to do moderated damage.

Nobody said it can do charged shots. Because the Aegis Device cant. It fires single weak energy shots, and its charge function it has produces the shield that gathers up all projectiles fired/used by hostile armament.

The shield doesnt cover up much of the player, so their back and sides are wide open, theres a Weapon Upgrade to have a limitless Shield with the Aegis Device, meaning while not using this upgrade... your Aegis Device cant catch much projectiles before the shield fails.

Nobody knows what happens when said shield fails, but most likely the shield just gets destroyed, all the crap it caught falls harmlessly, and the player is left wide open for death.

But again, nobody knows.
---
#17SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 9:15:21 AM
It probably just ceases to catch more ammo. The stuff it already has should stay caught.
---
#18RyokoWinsPosted 3/14/2011 9:34:12 AM
We need a new sticky.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#19Sudsy86_Posted 3/14/2011 10:07:24 AM

So, it seems that the aegis is totally inferior and less practical in every situation? Killing is the most important thing in shooters--even in objective modes. Unless it has a very strong shield that covers a LOT of space but takes another somewhat charged shot to kill, or it just covers the front but can kill on one fully charged shot, it's going to be the weapon people only use as a joke or as a personal challenge when they lose their normal motivation for the game...

#20The_ShaderPosted 3/14/2011 10:24:26 AM
Sudsy86_ posted...
So, it seems that the aegis is totally inferior and less practical in every situation? Killing is the most important thing in shooters--even in objective modes. Unless it has a very strong shield that covers a LOT of space but takes another somewhat charged shot to kill, or it just covers the front but can kill on one fully charged shot, it's going to be the weapon people only use as a joke or as a personal challenge when they lose their normal motivation for the game...

Your only confusing people when you say "charged shot" because the Aegis Devices doesnt 'charge' any of its 'shots'. It has a shield, and non-chargeable, slow single fire energy shots.

The weapon specialization perk for it makes its shield limitless, so you can have it up indefinitely. That means as long as you have your back to a wall or corner, you cant be hurt.

As i understand it, to use it properly you have to gather up enough hostile shots with the Aegis Device that would necessarily kill someone in the first place, THEN fire it back at the sender for a kill. And an expert with this weapon would be able to move, sprint, and JUMP towards enemy fire in order to catch it and fire back at his enemies. ((Rockets, for example.)) and when it comes to grenades, it would be understandable that if a Hand Grenade is on the ground near you, you should be able to walk up to it and pick it up with the Aegis Device's shield.

You cant just have an enemy fire one shot with the MP5, then you catch it with the Aegis Device, then fire it back and kill him with that one MP5 shot.... thats not how the Aegis Device is gonna work.
---