New Interview on weapons

#1tconslayerPosted 3/14/2011 3:04:43 PM

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/03/14/conduit-2-a-preview-into-your-arsenal/

It goes pretty well in depth on some of the weapons.

#2brainfreeze10Posted 3/14/2011 3:18:48 PM
Nice find.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
FC- Goldeneye: 4484-5080-7080
#3MC_Brian1Posted 3/14/2011 4:06:03 PM
Guess who's maining the Dark Star...
---
I'll respond to this topic the same way I like my women.
Lot of D's.
- Goombacrusher07 in a C/D topic
#4The_ShaderPosted 3/14/2011 5:05:46 PM
Nothing new here, but they 'confirmed' that the Hive Cannon doesnt have its twist function anymore. It was highly speculated that it was gone, but this just confirmed it.

We already knew the Dark Star has its own Killstreak reward, but now we understand how it works. During a hands-on video, a HVS employee said the Dark Star gets its Black Hole shot after 3 kills with the gun is accomplished.

... This interview says different, and that you can get one right after killing one person. But it says that "If they subsequently die while an energy ball is attached to them (either from the ball itself, another weapon, or from another player), you now have a Level 1 Dark Star shot."

This is VERY different from whats been told... You just have to have a Dark Star shot on an enemy as they die. Regardless of how they died, you would get a Black Hole shot, or power up the one you might already have....

..... Well in a way, getting assists with this gun would still be a pretty ****ing awesome thing to happen.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#5gr295Posted 3/14/2011 5:41:53 PM

Me..want...Dark Star.....

This does seem to be the weapon of choice for noobs now, simply because the black hole works after 1 kill.

#6tconslayer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 5:51:57 PM

The weapons im worried about in conduit 2 are, smaw, dark star, and especially the turret. Just think in team objective they could like guard there base with turrets and use the mines from the tpc launcher.

#7RyokoWinsPosted 3/14/2011 6:36:13 PM
This one doesn't strike me as a noob weapon. You have to get a kill or two with it before it becomes noob-worthy.

I wonder how powerful the pull from the black holes will be.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#8BomolochusPosted 3/14/2011 9:24:30 PM

We should take comfort in knowing that the Dark Star is (I think) the most expensive weapon in the game. I think this thing and the TPC Launcher are going to be fairly brutal in Anexation matches.

#9LilroscoPosted 3/14/2011 9:38:55 PM(edited)
^^ Yeah, anything team based is going to be chaotic with that weapon in the right hands. Awww man this game is sooo juicy.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#10SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 9:41:03 PM
Good thing getting kills takes a little longer, else we'd be neck deep in black holes constantly.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.