New Interview on weapons

#11BomolochusPosted 3/14/2011 9:21:13 PM

SmallerRidley posted...
Good thing getting kills takes a little longer, else we'd be neck deep in black holes constantly.

You actually just gave me an interesting idea. If people worked and travelled as a team, one person could stick someone with the Dark Star's normal shot, and then have everyone else help bring them down, since the Dark Star user doesn't actually need to kill his targets him/herself. Black Hole farming, anyone?

#12ff_10_masterPosted 3/15/2011 9:04:11 AM
LOL the noobs won't stand a chance as long as you have a phase rifle!
if they get their one kill just shoot 'em through the wall!
#13ChangliniPosted 3/15/2011 10:41:05 AM
Doesn't the black hole follow the person who shot it?
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#14The_ShaderPosted 3/15/2011 11:16:26 AM
@ff_10_master

Stealth, Helmet, Supercharger, Light Armor

Your Phase Rifle cant do **** now.

@Changlini

No, you fire the "Black Hole" and it follows the closest hostile. Or if there is no hostile, it travels in a straight path until it detonates at a certian time limit, or hits environment object. It then begins its gravity pull, sucking in anything that was hostile to the player, or the player who shot the "Black Hole" in the first place.

I say it that way because i doubt you can kill teammates with the Dark Star. Unless its in Hardcore, then that things a danger to everyone.

Side Note:
The Dark Star probably only goes up to Level 3 on its Black Hole's, and as it changes from Level 1-3 the Black Hole grows bigger, has a higher DPS, stronger gravity pull, and the range of the gravity pull is probably greater too.

... Annunaki help us if you can get a Level 20 Dark Star.... In that case it'd be the Modern Warfare 2 equivalent of a Tactical Nuke. A Reign of Terror indeed.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#15ChangliniPosted 3/15/2011 12:50:39 PM
Well then, that one Invasion mode video needs some re looking.
---
#16The_ShaderPosted 3/15/2011 1:02:48 PM
^ Are you saying theres a video of Invasion mode where someone used the Dark Star and the Black Hole didnt shoot forward but attacked the player who shot it instead?

Or are you saying that in one of the many videos of Invasion, someone fires the Black Hole, then the person playing just blindly ran into the Black Holes gravity range.
---
#17ChangliniPosted 3/15/2011 1:09:17 PM(edited)
Actually, I saw in one video, when there were(seemingly) no enemies around, the black hole started moving towards the play when he looked back at it multiple times.

Now, finding the ____ of a video is becoming confusing because I clearly remember it being in a live interview, which I thought was that Destructoid one but after only seeing the black hole shot once in the entire thing, I'm now questioning if my eyes didn't play me.
---
#18The_ShaderPosted 3/15/2011 1:18:40 PM
Exactly my point, despite seeing every video ever released of Conduit 2, i dont ever recalls someone shooting the Black Hole at nothing. However there is a recent video where the player shot a enemy up close, then the player just started moving forward, then got trapped in its gravity pull, then died.
---
#19Icuras08Posted 3/15/2011 1:19:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20ChangliniPosted 3/15/2011 1:27:52 PM(edited)
Icuras08, that's the video.

I probably stopped paying attention to anything behind the player when the black hole entered then.
___

The ____ did you do that for?
I think I've been had now.
---