New Interview on weapons

#41Sudsy86_Posted 3/16/2011 5:55:30 PM

Hmm. I bet the genesis of the black hole was the n-bomb in PD64.

Anyways, if this gun can't kill as fast as others, it won't be a big deal. Only the best players will make use of its features.

It will be outranged by the scar--which I'll be using, presumably.

#42Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/16/2011 6:13:10 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
The Carbonizer works like the Heavy's minigun now, and the alt-fire starts spinning the barrel so it will fire immediately. There's been no confirmation of the "spartan laser" charge shot.

While I also conveniently can't find a link, I remember hearing that it had a "Spartan Laser" alt fire a while ago too. Although it might have changed by now, considering how much stuff has changed since we first saw the game, and it was in one of the first previews.
#43BomolochusPosted 3/17/2011 3:08:08 PM

Kirby_Pwns_All posted...
SmallerRidley posted...
The Carbonizer works like the Heavy's minigun now, and the alt-fire starts spinning the barrel so it will fire immediately. There's been no confirmation of the "spartan laser" charge shot.

While I also conveniently can't find a link, I remember hearing that it had a "Spartan Laser" alt fire a while ago too. Although it might have changed by now, considering how much stuff has changed since we first saw the game, and it was in one of the first previews.

The Carbonizer's alt fire is as Smaller Ridley says. If you are fast, you can pause at about 0:05 in this video and read the following description for it:

"A trust heavy energy weapon, its particle beam can incinerate a target in seconds. The barrel can be toggled up to speed, slowing movement but allowing instantaneous fire when the trigger is pulled."

I suppose that bit about instantaneous fire is what led people to believe it would have a Spartan Laser-esque ability.

#44BomolochusPosted 3/17/2011 3:09:05 PM

Er. Here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G5o2AmZk6I&feature=related

Sorry for the double post. >_>

#45The_ShaderPosted 3/17/2011 9:11:24 PM(edited)
EDIT: ((I'd like to thank SmallerRidley for sending me this video again, i completely forgot where the **** it is, and its important in listing perks an such. i'm gonna go through every weapon to try and get the best idea possible on their alt functions.))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjqGyemS5qI
This has a better and easier view of the guns description, and a longer window of time to pause and read. But yeah, same description, you got it right.

"Toggled up to speed, allowing instantaneous fire while the trigger is pulled."

Sounds the opposite of the Spartan Laser, and more like a "UNLEASH EVERYTHING!!!!" kind of laser.

Imagine the Carbonizer.... basically just a big, Trust bazooka... Now imagine the end of it where the laser comes out.. i'd imagine the "Toggle" changes something about the laser that allows more of it to funnel through, making the Laser bigger... or something.

Honestly, it just sounds like a "rapid fire" mode for it, if they were to describe the Spartan Laser like function, they would have said something about "Charges, then releases it all in one blast."

But instead it talks about 'Up to Speed' and 'instaneous fire'.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#46SmallerRidleyPosted 3/17/2011 9:13:38 PM
Honestly, it sounds just like the Heavy's minigun from TF2. Toggling the barrel spin slows you down and allows instant fire, exactly the same.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#47mode333Posted 3/18/2011 12:48:46 AM
Are you Tconslayer, TC?
---
Ps3/Wii owner; PSN: mode334
Football teams in quote
#48tconslayer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 3:49:51 AM

Hey tconslayer has changed!