Conduit 2 FAQ (please read if you have a question)

#1LigersRulePosted 3/14/2011 5:51:27 PM(edited)
Hey there. Some of our board regulars are getting tired of seeing the same questions asked again and again, so I figured we should have a bunch of questions and answers all in one place.

PLEASE READ
This is meant to be separate from Ultimate Flame's Compilation of Known Conduit 2 Information. A lot of questions will be taken straight from the Sticky, but possibly modified to be up to date. This is not meant as a replacement. If you haven't read the sticky, go do it now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/57147873

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED HERE:
(and isn't asking something stupid, like "What color are Ford's Socks?")
Ask it here. DO NOT create a new topic.

And now, to the....
Frequently Asked Questions:

When is the game being released?
At the time of writing, April 19th 2011.

Is there DLC or any kind of post release support for the game?
Yes! They will be releasing patches and fixes after the release to fix any problems that occur. There is a system in place for other dlc, but they have not said they were going to have it.

Will there be a demo?
Unlikely, so don't expect one.

How long is the story mode?
About 6-8 hours.

Are there cut-scenes?
Yes, there are many in-game cut-scenes.

Did they add vehicles this time?
No

Are there Friend Codes again? Why can't they be like Monster Hunter Tri?
Yes there are friend codes. In order to be like Monster Hunter Tri they would need to be using Sega's servers or have permission from Nintendo to drop FC's.

So if they have wii motion+ now that means I'll get to use 1:1 melee weapons now?
No. They are using wm+ for aiming purposes only.

Is there LAN? (Correct this one if wrong, as I've heard nothing)
There hasn't been any official confirmation one way or the other, but this is something they would need Nintendo's permission to do. At this point if it hasn't been confirmed it is unlikely it will have it.

What is "Hardcore Mode"
Hardcore mode is an optional mode online without Radar or Lock-on.

What are rivals?
The rival system is the same as it was in Metroid Prime Hunters. It is a way to make friend codes more bearable. While you have to input a code to add friends, you can add rivals in random game lobbies by sending a request to the player. If they accept then you two are now rivals and can find each other in online games much more easily. You can also voice chat with your rivals.

How many Friends can I have?
In game? 64. Real life? As many as you want :).

What is the headbanger headset?
It is a headset used on the wii to allow voice chat. It's more convenient than wii speak in that it doesn't pick up sounds from all over the room and its a players voice will come out of a speaker near your ear instead of your TV speakers.

Is there keyboard support?
No.

Are there single player bots?
No. You can play invasion mode in single player however. This is not the same as what bots would be in vs. mode though.

How many missions are in the game?
There is a total of 16 missions that are must complete. There may also be a number of side missions.

Will the game ship with the Headbanger Headset?
No. You must buy the Headbanger Headset separately.

Are there any trailers or direct feed gameplay?
Yes. Please refer to the sticky, or to various topics around the board.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#2LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 5:50:55 PM(edited)
So this uses the headbanger headset, but surely I should be able to use the Wii Speak too?
No, they were told by Nintendo not to use the wii speak as well as the headbanger. Sorry, but you'll have to buy yet another peripheral.

Is there a pre-order bonus?
Yes. Gamestop is having a bonus where you can get the destroyer armor, an egyptian styled ASE, and a 44 page art book. Go to gamestop for further info. This offer, as far as I know, is not available outside of the US.

I like/dislike these voice actors. Are they going to change?
No, the actors are final. The dialogue however may seem some changes before release.

Is there a party system yet? We've been asking for one for so long!
Nintendo is very strict with teaming up online with people in ways such as a party system. There would have to be months of discussion back and forth with Nintendo to even get one. At this point, it seems far too late.

Are environments fully destructible? I noticed some cars blowing up among other things.
Not fully destructible, but there are some objects that can be destroyed.

Can we customize weapons?
No

I have a clan and we want tags! Is it going to happen?
No, but the character limit in names has been upped to 12, as opposed to 8 in the previous game.

How many multiplayer maps and modes are there?
There are 12 maps and 14 different modes to choose from.

Is there splitscreen online?
No.

How about dual wielding?
It's not in.

Will I be able to use all the upgrades in story mode?
There are some upgrades for use in story mode. Not all of them, and the ones that are there, you must reach a certain point in the storyline to use.

How is the vote system working? I always hated that.
You will be given two options for both mode and map to vote on. After that match you will be given two options for mode and map again, but different from the ones you had previously. They will continue switching like this to prevent people from spamming the same vote.

Why was the game delayed?
Polishing. They're doing whatever they can to make this a great game.

What about Daos? Has our Doritos and Orange Soda currency idea been confirmed to be the currency yet?
Much to our dismay, HVS has decided to use "credits" as the currency name. There are, however, numerous orange soda machines throughout the game.

Is this game similar to Halo
Yes, in that it is a sci-fi shooter with significantly more health then CoD games. This game, however, is not about alien warfare, but about a conspiracy "You are the only one who can stop them" game. Yay :).

Will you be able to customize what you look like online?
Yes. There are many character models to choose from, and many different armor parts or color combinations to choose from.

Why are people on this board always attacked for asking simple questions?
Because they have been asked before. Don't get yourself in this situation. That's what this topic is here for.

Will you join my clan?
No. Stop asking. Most players here will not be interested in joining a clan from a user they have never heard of. If you want to make a clan, make some friends here first, then ask them.

Does this use CCP? (Classic Controller Pro)
Yes, if that is your kind of thing.

What are loadouts?
A loadout consists of a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, a grenade, and up to 4 suit upgrades. Players can have up to 4 different loadouts. This does replace weapon sets.

-------

Remember: if you have ANY questions not answered here, please ask them HERE. Do not make a new topic. Thank you for your patience, and have a nice day.
---
#3LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 5:21:42 PM
To board regs: Sorry for making another topic about questions, but it seems like a good idea. If any of my data is wrong, correct me, please.

YOU MAY NOW POST.
---
#4tconslayerPosted 3/14/2011 5:27:15 PM

How many missions are there.

There is a total of 16 missions that are must complete. I dont know how many side missions there are.

#5LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 5:29:06 PM
Oh, yeah, thanks Tconslayer. I'll edit that in.

Which reminds me: If you have something to change, I'll edit it in for as long as I can, which I think is like 1 hour.
---
#6RyokoWinsPosted 3/14/2011 5:32:05 PM
Isn't it possible to have two sticky topics? The Borderlands board has 3. I don't know the rules for these things.

But even if you did, the whole reason you see the same question so many times is people don't bother to look things up, so what makes you think people will come here before posting? I'd be all for stickying this topic, but I doubt it'll work.
---
I apologize for whatever I just said.
#7tconslayerPosted 3/14/2011 5:33:28 PM

Ill just post a bunch of stuff here really quick.
Campaign
- 16 missions
- 6-8 hours long
- 23 enemy types
-Real time in game cut scenes
-Universal ammo crate (replenishes any weapon ammo by just walking near it)

Multiplayer
-12 maps
-14 modes
- 64 friend limit
-Hardcore mode
-Playlist enhanced that's supports variety and avoids repeated matches on the same maps with the same weapons
-4 load outs per profile

#8SmallerRidleyPosted 3/14/2011 5:33:56 PM
There are 12 characters for names unless that's changed. Maybe add something about what is included in a "loadout" and how many you can have. Also, clarify the wording on (Will I be able to use all upgrades in story mode?).
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#9Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 3/14/2011 5:44:52 PM
Good idea, sticky requested. I just hope that people will use this topic, since they don't seem to see (or maybe are too lazy to look in) the Compilation of Known Info topic. As far as I can see, there is easily enough info to satisfy the curious latecomers.
#10LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 5:55:10 PM
Alright: I edited in most have what has been said here. Most of it is put into places with similar information.... Or, at least, I tried to. I removed distinction between sticky questions and non-sticky questions so I could do that.

Thanks for helping :)

As for this getting stickied: If it does, cool. If it doesn't, cool. I just figured that most of the data in Flame's topic was out of date or unconfirmed, and new questions have arisen. If this doesn't get stickied, I will bump it for a while, in an attempt to avoid unnecessary topics.
---