Conduit 2 - Final Euro box art, Let the Wifi Black symbol debate continue!

#1malvingt2Posted 3/16/2011 1:20:41 PM(edited)
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=153052

Like Cod BO Conduit 2 has the Wifi black symbol and my best guess is because it can be patch...

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/thumb_91gVKBOYTWL._AA1500_.jpg

---
DBZ Kai is dead to me. The best Dub crew "Spanish Latino" is not coming back. Thanks Funi and Toei. <_<
#2CelticLink94Posted 3/17/2011 6:20:02 PM
I thought it was decided that the Black Wifi logo meant that the game would not be using the gamespy gamespy Nintendo servers, but other servers?
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#3SupahShnipaPosted 3/17/2011 8:51:43 PM
I think it means an Online System that isn't "Kiddy-Friendly", hence it's black. Black is more manly.
---
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming
#4malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 8:58:08 AM(edited)
@CelticLink94

I doubt that, look a BO Wii which has an ok servers. I think is DLC Or Patches... My best guess.
---
DBZ Kai is dead to me. The best Dub crew "Spanish Latino" is not coming back. Thanks Funi and Toei. <_<
#5The_ShaderPosted 3/18/2011 11:27:43 AM
Black Ops uses activision's servers. Which is why BO Wii has party systems, a fast online, and headset use without the need of adding anyone.

If HVS got a publisher that had their own servers... it would have each and every one of these things too.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#6malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 12:16:25 PM
@The_Shader

Sources? proof? any valid links of such thing?
---
#7LigersRulePosted 3/18/2011 12:31:47 PM
Proof that HVS and SEGA aren't using their own servers for this game? How about the fact that we still have friend codes, or that they had to get N's permission for putting rivals in? If they had their own servers, they wouldn't need N's permission for that.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin
#8malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2011 12:35:06 PM
@LigersRule

No the Cod BO Wii serves comment.
---
#9PedroMontanaPosted 3/18/2011 1:22:47 PM
So it looks like Sega has servers for this game.
Why do people think this is unlikely? Sega are online pioneers, look at the Dreamcast and it's selection of online games and features long before any other consoles had significant online features.
Sega's PSO 1&2 and PSO 3 were pretty much the only online games on Nintemdo's GC.
Sega's Ghost Squad was among the first Wii games with online leaderboards, Sega's Samba de Amigo was among the first Wii games with DLC, Sega's Sonic & Sega Allstars is one the few Wii online racing games, oh and they published Conduit, one of the first online FPS on the Wii.

Sega is serious about online, they are also among the few developers willing to put online features in Wii games. They used their own servers for Phantasy Star on the Gamecube, they might as well use their servers for C2.
---
No More Heroes
#10LigersRulePosted 3/18/2011 1:40:11 PM
Maybe, but I doubt it. PSO is a first party Sega title, whereas with Conduit, they are just publishers. If they were using Sega servers, would they even need to get permission for a party mode? Would they need to use friend codes still? I think the answer to both would be no.
---
He that speaks much is much mistaken -Benjamin Franklin