Conduit 2 - Final Euro box art, Let the Wifi Black symbol debate continue!

#11The_ShaderPosted 3/18/2011 5:45:27 PM
...really?? a bunch of new randoms shows up, thinking they know more about this games development than everyone else.

of course Conduit is still using GameSpy's servers!!!

Sega DOES NOT have their own, if they did, the first Conduit wouldnt have to deal with any of Nintendo's bull **** regulations.

How about anyone that doesnt think so, go google it yourself. Its a simple matter that wont take more than 5 minutes to find out. Go google why having Activision's servers allows BO Wii's online can do what its doing now.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#12malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2011 1:21:26 PM
@The_Shader

No, Give me some proofs not just random "google it".... Show me links, sources and Activision 100% confirmation...
---
DBZ Kai is dead to me. The best Dub crew "Spanish Latino" is not coming back. Thanks Funi and Toei. <_<
#13psychobrewPosted 3/20/2011 2:34:33 PM
Servers don't mean anything in these games. All they do is connect people, and once they are connected they stay in the background. Where servers really matter is when the server actually hosts the game (see MOH:H2 and their 32 players online). In games like Black Ops, one player is selected to host the game and the servers become irrelavent. In The Conduit, there was no server that mattered because the game worked more like a workgroup.
#14The_ShaderPosted 3/20/2011 4:24:38 PM
((I'm surprised how theres no direct article about this.... i'm astonished at how much i have to dig in order to find articles about Nintendo's regulations and Online games on the Wii.))

Since SEGA doesnt have their own servers, HVS has to use whatever servers Nintendo has, which is GameSpy. Anything that uses GameSpy's servers has to go through Nintendo's regulations. Which means no patches, DLC, no voice chat, and YOU HAVE TO HAVE FRIEND CODES.

Proof - interview with a HVS developer on the subject.
http://gamepots.blogspot.com/2010/11/online-multiplayer.html

As for Treyarch and Activision, i cant for the life of me find any website with them stating "We can have patches and online chat because of Activisions servers." But i do know THAT IS THE EXACT REASON why Black Ops has those things.

My Point:
If a Wii game is using GameSpy's servers, you probably arent gonna be able to use wii speak/headsets, no party system, no patches, and forced to use friend codes.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#15Mac-LeoidPosted 3/21/2011 3:24:43 PM
The_Shader posted...
But i do know THAT IS THE EXACT REASON why Black Ops has those things.

Umm, silly me, slightly confused and all that, but... how do you know?
#16CelticLink94Posted 3/21/2011 8:15:45 PM
Hey shader, before you start talking out of your backside, realize that not everyone with a different opinion from you is "some random". All I said was that I thought the black logo meant that Nintendos wifi connection was not the networking service... Just like Black Ops. It's true C2 will still have to have FCs and go through Nintendo for random online things, remember that Black ops also has to jump through hoops with patches. So having a similar infrastructure a Nintendo server does not make.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#17malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2011 7:26:39 AM
@The_Shader

No just no, the only FPS that used own serves was Medal honor Heroes 2, EA. So yeah like I said Black Symbol for me means: Updates/Patches...
---
DBZ Kai is dead to me. The best Dub crew "Spanish Latino" is not coming back. Thanks Funi and Toei. <_<
#18ocarinaoftasiPosted 3/23/2011 8:31:14 PM
malvingt2 posted...
@The_Shader

No, Give me some proofs not just random "google it".... Show me links, sources and Activision 100% confirmation...

Wat. It's common information. It doesn't say Nintendo Wifi Connection, and has countless features not allowed on Nintendo servers. Play the game. -_-
---
Hey, my name is Tasi. You may address me as such if you wish. =]
WaW Wii FC: 4641 6749 4296 BANZAAAIII
#19malvingt2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2011 8:20:49 AM
@ocarinaoftasi

I have the game. lolol that is why I am asking for proof... I am sure it is not Activision serves...
---