noob question: is this game like Timesplitters

#1PityDaFoolPosted 3/16/2011 4:21:40 PM
I know nothing about the Conduit series, but I like FPS, currently playing Goldeneye.

From the 2 minutes of video I've seen, this game has a futuristic vibe to it, not unlike Timesplitters 3 meaning, a wide variety of characters, settings & weapons. Or is this more like Unreal Championship on Xbox, where it's very fast gameplay?
---
Goldeneye Wii - "Mr. Bixby" - FC - 3447-1194-4757
#2SmallerRidleyPosted 3/16/2011 4:31:39 PM
It seems closer to Timesplitters than UT.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#3The_ShaderPosted 3/16/2011 5:37:17 PM
You can learn about this game faster by looking through gameplay videos already posted, and looking at the Conduit 2 Wiki, then you can by just waiting for people to post messages in this topic.

Honestly, never played Timesplitters because by the time the game came out, i wasnt interested in a futuristic type shooter. I already had my Turok and GoldenEye, i didnt need anymore FPS at the time.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#4Icuras08Posted 3/16/2011 11:32:43 PM
I've played Timesplitters 2. It is my all time favorite local multiplayer shooter!

HVS, If you need another game mode for Conduit 3DS, you can always put Flame Tag or Virus from Timesplitters in. Those were my favorite game modes, as they were a blast to play with friends!
---
Give me liberty, or give me pizza pie
#5marumariballPosted 3/17/2011 7:10:55 AM

Honestly, never played Timesplitters because by the time the game came out, i wasnt interested in a futuristic type shooter. I already had my Turok and GoldenEye, i didnt need anymore FPS at the time.

Time Splitter's isn't fully a future shooter, it has its old western parts, or zombie levels. I say everyone should give 2 and Future Perfect a try, since they are the best FPS's on a Nintendo Console, now and forever (Even when TCon2 comes out).
#6The_ShaderPosted 3/17/2011 8:02:47 AM
Seeing as how Perfect Dark is the spiritual sequel to GoldenEye.... i say no.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Wii Online = "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri = "Deimos"
#7Turndawg107Posted 3/17/2011 8:13:49 AM
What marumariball said. Also there is absolutely no reason not to get TimeSplitters 2 and 3 if you loved GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark, seeing as TS is just as much a spiritual successor to those 2 as PD was to GE. The weapon variety, map design, music, customization, amount of features and modes, etc., is well beyond almost any FPS to come out nowadays.
#8Number_34Posted 3/17/2011 2:45:54 PM
What marumariball said. Also there is absolutely no reason not to get TimeSplitters 2 and 3 if you loved GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark, seeing as TS is just as much a spiritual successor to those 2 as PD was to GE. The weapon variety, map design, music, customization, amount of features and modes, etc., is well beyond almost any FPS to come out nowadays.

I agree. Some shooters now-a-days seem to fail to compare to TimeSplitters 2. I had a blast competing against bots in capture the bag and death matches and creating my own maps to play. Now it seems that most shooters today only offer a shallow campaign mode and a few levels and modes for online playing.
#9stufa1978Posted 3/18/2011 5:32:15 PM
It's only really like TS in that it's a sci fi FPS game.

Mainly because Conduit uses jumping, TimeSplitters and it's predecessors does not. And it's funny how that makes a difference in a FPS game.

Still Conduit 2 should fill a much needed gap for Wii. In that it will cater for single player local vs and co op. And of course online maiming. Not many games like that on Wii eh?
Not like the good old XBOX and PS2 days 'sigh'
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.